Why do you still do it?

For those who are professional I understand the obvious answer is "for the paycheck". But for everyone who shoot because they love it, why do you love it and what has kept you doing it for as long as you are doing it?
What is it about photography that makes you enjoy what you do?

I ask this question because I personally don't have a real answer yet. I get paid to go to school, and in order for me to keep my GI Bill coming I have to pass so I still shoot.
Not saying that I don't enjoy it, because I do. But I haven't had a camera without an obligation yet so I can't tell if I'm truly passionate about photography, or I'm just collecting a check.

I enjoy taking photos, but I've recently discovered that I favor just about all types of portraiture. I dig the connection you can develop with even a complete stranger over a short period of
time, and I truly believe that chemistry comes out in the photo. I'm yet to not click with one of my subjects. No, my photography isn't great/good, but I think people can see what I see when I look at my photos.

When the classes are over, and I'm not doing it because I have to, I can't say that I will or won't continue to shoot, because I really just don't know.

So why do you do it? More importantly, why do you enjoy it?

I like the way the lights from Profoto and Elinchrom look when bouncing off a pretty lady in the studio or field
badteeth.gif

I have always enjoyed having the pictorial memories when it was film cameras only, and I have taken shots over the years by chance that I found shall we say artistically pleasing. Over the years I got into modelling p/t and picked up a few tips and also enjoyed that, though I hate seeing pics of my self - then digital cameras wow explosion of possibilties with out the cost of developing and the time to play learn delete and do again then photoshop and now nik installed omg love it, yes I am addicted - kinda got worse when I was approached via facebook regarding some pictures I had there and they bought some which in turned paid for a bridge camera then some software ...................that has really feed my addiction as now it not only feeds my personal pleasures at seeing the results and getting the ego boosted when others like them too but also will soon self funding

Most reactions

New Topics

Back