Why does my camera do this for aperture?

a1157814a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When I set my camera to 'aperture priory', where I can adjust the aperture. For some reason, when I have the FLASH ON and change the aperture, the shutter speed remains the same. However, when I have the FLASH OFF and change the aperture, the shutter speed changes as well according to how much I change my aperture. Why dose it do that?

2nd question:
What can I do to focus on the close object? (besides setting aperture to f/4.8 which is the most that my camera allows)

When I set my camera to 'aperture priory', where I can adjust the aperture. For some reason, when I have the FLASH ON and change the aperture, the shutter speed remains the same. However, when I have the FLASH OFF and change the aperture, the shutter speed changes as well according to how much I change my aperture. Why dose it do that?

2nd question:
What can I do to focus on the close object? (besides setting aperture to f/4.8 which is the most that my camera allows)

I just noticed that my camera had it gone as far as f/4... but it only does that sometimes? I guess depends on what I had on other settings? Why is that?

2nd question:
What can I do to focus on the close object?

Get a lens that allows you to focus closer. How close are you trying to get? AP wont really affect this (other than giving you a shallow DOF to work with).

The first answer yo your question is correct. You have your camera set to a 1/60 sync speed. To achieve a faster speed you will have to go into your cameras menu, and change the sync speed to something faster. Be aware, that you can also choose a SLOWER shutter speed when using flash, but you wont be able to choose anything faster unless you use your cameras high-sync flash mode (which allow shutter speeds up to the fastest shutter speed your camera is capable of).

I just noticed that my camera had it gone as far as f/4... but it only does that sometimes? I guess depends on what I had on other settings? Why is that?

I'm guessing you're using a zoom lens- often zoom lenses will have a variable maximum aperture, at the long end it isn't able to open up as much as it can at the wide end. For example is Canon 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6. There are two fstops listed as max apertures... the first corresponds to the max when at 100mm, while the 5.6 refers to the 300mm end.

Most reactions

Back