Why forums are fun

monicam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
qj.net
Why?? Why are the forums so friggin' fun???

Ugh...I need a life.:lol:

Do you want to be back to having so much work you cannot come round here for weeks??? Is that the "life" you want? You must be kiddin'.

Friendly forums are great fun.
Forums which are dominated by arrogant posters cannot be fun.
My husband's come across a couple of such forums and he was appalled at the tone, the power play going on, the arrogance and the patronising.

I think, hope, do all I can so ... nothing of that applies to this very forum.
That may account for why this one's fun. Hm?

I have a few other forums that I use specifically for keeping my sarcasm and insults sharp. I just like forums because you can directly reply to anyone. You can have as many conversations at any given time. It's a really fast way to e-mail someone. You can also watch other peoples conversations, which is also great.

I've seen some amazingly dramatic convo's on other forums involving people I know in real life, and while i'm sure that can be embarrasing for them, they're also the ones posting it. Good times.

It's funny how friendships can develop over a forum. Especially forums like this one, were you can have a good time posting, reading, etc... I give it to the Mods and Admins who run this forum, because it's not easy work. I've been an admin in three of the top design forums on the web, and let me tell you I had to step down because of the stress. I've been a a Mod in 10 forums and couldn't stand most of them. There are only a few forums where I can relax and enjoy the threads, user to user friendships, etc... It got to the point, where a colleague of mine and myself started phpHQ, where we built forums for companys and hobbiests. STRESS STRESS STRESS, it's good to be on the other side of the CPanel for once. Applause and great thanks for our Admins and Mods.

I think it's also something to do with the maturity and intelligence of the posters. :thumbup:

The Astronomy forums I use are similar to TPF in that they're full of friendly banter and helpful advice with no aggressive or arrogant posts at all. :)

PlasticSpanner said:
I think it's also something to do with the maturity and intelligence of the posters. :thumbup:

The Astronomy forums I use are similar to TPF in that they're full of friendly banter and helpful advice with no aggressive or arrogant posts at all. :)
That is also true and strongly agree.

I think forums are healthy for the most part, especially this one (nod to the mods who do a stellar job). There is a load of information (given by informative people) here, and I have learned a lot from other forums as well.

But I also think life happens beyond the computer screen and I don't want to turn 60 and say, wow, I spent a ton of time in front of my computer screen, neat.

Being new here and being new to photography and being new to the whole forum thing.. (This being the first forum i ever joined) I never realized before how fun it is to join one and how it can be so helpful.

lullabye said:
Being new here and being new to photography and being new to the whole forum thing.. (This being the first forum i ever joined) I never realized before how fun it is to join one and how it can be so helpful.

Sounds like my story!!!! This was my very first forum, and I was new at photography then, too! :D Now I'm pushin 13,000 posts! :lol:

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you love it here as much as I do!!!!!!!1

core_17 said:
Sounds like my story!!!! This was my very first forum, and I was new at photography then, too! :D Now I'm pushin 13,000 posts! :lol:

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you love it here as much as I do!!!!!!!1

hi cory...

:thumbup::hugs:

This is the only forum I attend to, and I totally dig it. Thanks for having me, friends!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back