vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:love:

I am an immigrant who moved here a few years ago, i had originally planned to live in Sydney (which btw is a wicked city!) but i took a 2 week holiday here and absolutely loved it, never returned! Yep I am originally from States - though i've got that kiwi twang and the kiwi attitude has definately rubbed off too :D

While there is no place on earth that is perfect, i am constantly reminded how lucky i am to live in such a fabulous little country.

For instance, our Prime Mininister, Helen Clark from the Labour party debated on the most conservative talk show radio, accepted callers from all over NZ. The American equivalent to this would be to have Billy Clinton as a guest on the Rush Limbough Show and answering calls from his guests. I very much doubt this could happen in the states, but in a country of 4 million its possible!

1/4 of the population of NZ lives in Auckland so its virtual deserted once you get out of the city, but I love Auckland its a beautiful place! It young and alive and vibrant.

Sunday, my neighbours and went 1 hour north of Auckland and picked fresh seafood off the beach. Starfish, hermit crabs and kelp was everywhere. Surfers eased through the waves in the distance. Thousands of mussels were there ripe for the picking, but we only picked our limit. Elsewhere in the world you would have to worry about mercury poisoning and the such but here. Man it was one of the best feasts that i had in ages.

There are areas on the south island that haven't been fully explored yet but is protected by the government.

Sadly, it won't always be like this - for new zealand to grow economically it means that the population has grow and there growing pains associated with that. Also i am going to be made redundant, so there is also a worst case scenario that i may have to leave this country thru lack of funds (i can never save money :( )

But thats all in future... i try to keep my time in the now!

Its so funny how the locals are, they never bat an eye at the rainbows, the sunsets, the wildlife, the open spaces, the fresh air, the beautiful beaches, mountains ranges, the greeness the wildness of this country - they are all so used to it! God, i don't every want to be like that! Every minute I spend I marvel at this wild and beautiful, it will always be a part of me no matter where i end up....

(time for mr sid to crack his sheep jokes :lol: )

no sheep jokes here....thats beautiful mate.

when you pickin me up at the airport?

md

I wanna go. :cry:

Is it expensive to live there, Mark? Is that why you would have to leave? Isn't it difficult to immigrate there? You'd think they would make it easier if they are concerned about population decline, but then again everybody wants to move there now, after all the LOTR publicity...

Worked with Kiwis many times and they're some of the best people in the world, probably would have ended up there except for a little dalliance with an American lady.

Is it expensive to live there, Mark? Is that why you would have to leave? Isn't it difficult to immigrate there? You'd think they would make it easier if they are concerned about population decline, but then again everybody wants to move there now, after all the LOTR publicity...

Not that expensive to live there, but I am truly next to broke, living from paycheck to paycheck and my last paycheck is at the end of the month. I just paid off my eye surgery bill and my new car :?

Like any country in the world, nz'ers complain that foreigners take all the jobs and benefits away. I spoke to an insider who's works with immigration saying they are trying to curb asians, middle easterners and africans from coming here and trying to get more european and american here. I think they are doing that more on grounds for economic reasons than racial reasons - but there is a bit of a backslash against asians here.

I do know there is a severe shortage of hairstylists here, they are looking! (i am dead serious -its one of the desired positions listed in the immigration pdf) After my last haircut... i can see why :?

Worked with Kiwis many times and they're some of the best people in the world, probably would have ended up there except for a little dalliance with an American lady.

They are good folk indeed :)

when you pickin me up at the airport?

i'll wait out in the pasture for ya mate! we are still trying to clear up that herd of sheep that got sucked up in the 747 engine when it touched down there. But i think we may have discovered a new way sheer them :mrgreen:

Btw.. this is my thousandth post!! Whooohooo! :)

I'm making NZ one of my first destinations once hubby and I are retired and kid is out of the house (whichever comes first). :mrgreen: We're already kicking it around as one of the places to live out the second half of our lives.

Must agree with Vonnagy about the beauty of NZ. Even though it doesn't really rate a mention when compared to OZ ;) New Zealand does have some very diverse and beautiful wilderness. Shame half of the birds in NZ have forgotten how to fly though. Even their bats spend more time on the ground than upside down in trees or caves :) They have the largest crickets in the world, heaps of sheep (outnumber the people) hence their popularity with the guys over there. I'm sure Vonn even has a pair of wellington boots and some velcro gloves in his cupboard.
Just remember Vonn that when we all come over, that we want the chilly bun full of puss, some fush 'n chups for dinner, and no wearing your jandals when we go out on the town.

Sweet as Bro! :)

Just remember Vonn that when we all come over, that we want the chilly bun full of puss, some fush 'n chups for dinner, and no wearing your jandals when we go out on the town.

Sweet as Bro!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

but i do always keep the chully bun full o puss, when ya come over we'll throw a bug barbie out on the dick.... damn aussies - go and waltz matilda elsewhere :twisted:

lol, good laughs there - that was choice bro!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back