Why is there a difference between colours on my laptop and my phone?

Sarmad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so I edit my photographs in Lightroom and I view them on my computer and they turn out just great.

However when I transfer them to my phone to upload them to Instagram, they look slightly over-saturated and vibrant.

I have tried setting the colour calibration on my laptop and it seems like I have set it correctly in the first place. Any idea why there is a slight increase in saturation and vibrance on my phone as compared to laptop?

I deal with this all day long at the lab......."My photos don't look like my monitor (or phone)."

Different
computer screens, operating systems, and even different web browsers have different color characteristics, so it's just about impossible to get a given color to look the same on every screen.

You can take one image and look at it on 20 different monitors or have it printed at 20 different labs and you will have 20 different looking images/photos.

Okay so I edit my photographs in Lightroom and I view them on my computer and they turn out just great.

However when I transfer them to my phone to upload them to Instagram, they look slightly over-saturated and vibrant.

I have tried setting the colour calibration on my laptop and it seems like I have set it correctly in the first place. Any idea why there is a slight increase in saturation and vibrance on my phone as compared to laptop?
So, are both your computer monitor AND phone properly colour calibrated?

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

There are many reasons fo this but all screens and OP systems are different.

Most reactions

Back