480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When reading a thread, there's a Post New Thread button displayed prominently at the top. Why is this not a Post Reply button instead? How often does one feel compelled to start a new thread while reading an existing one?

When reading a thread, there's a Post New Thread button displayed prominently at the top. Why is this not a Post Reply button instead? How often does one feel compelled to start a new thread while reading an existing one?

Well the last thread I was reading was taken over by a small militia and renamed The Democratic Republic of This Thread. So it was pretty handy for that really.

I think a "LMGTFY" button would be more beneficial.

I didn't notice this until now.Yes this don't make sense and clicking on the button does ask for thread title.I thinks someone made a boo boo.Good observation sparky,they can't slip one past you. Now Rabbits have something to fix or turtles depending who is on repair duty.

I bet you are using "TPF Skin - Blue." It looks like a bug in that skin - Red and Executive don't seem to have it.

I actually use it all the time. When I come on to post a picture I usually look at the previous posts first to see what others have shared in that section.

I didn't notice this until now.Yes this don't make sense and clicking on the button does ask for thread title.I thinks someone made a boo boo.Good observation sparky,they can't slip one past you. Now Rabbits have something to fix or turtles depending who is on repair duty.

Not an observation, just that I keep clicking on it to reply to a post, then get a message that I don't have a thread title. :icon_pissedoff:

I bet you are using "TPF Skin - Blue." It looks like a bug in that skin - Red and Executive don't seem to have it.
I never tried the other skins but you are correct,its not there.I kinda like the red but I will get confused with the Pentax forum.LOL

I normally use the red and didn't see the button, so I started looking.

I wonder if this will ever get fixed. :048:

^^ Try ffarl, and even he might have to pass it along to one of the techs. That is assuming it's actually an issue, and not something inherent in xen Foro software. Since the open reply box is just below the most recent post, it seems obvious that that's where to write a reply - so maybe the original developers thought the other button was a useful shortcut, as MSnowy's response seems to suggest. I can't comment on why it's only in a particular skin, a deliberate addition or something that was supposed to be removed. Aaron might be able to shed some light for you.

Hmm. Ok so it's on some skins and not others right? And some people like it and some don't?

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME??

Just kidding, but seriously... Keep it, lose it? Just make it consistent? Your wish is my command. :)

I use the "red skin" option...I do not see the Post New Thread option on this current page...but I do see the Watch Thread option. I read TPF by Active Threads, not New Threads, and not by sub-forum location...I dunno...I don't have any preference outside of what the red skin offers. On an unrelated note, I am having loads of Shockwave Flash plug-in crashes that began recently...

Hmm. Ok so it's on some skins and not others right? And some people like it and some don't?

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME??

Just kidding, but seriously... Keep it, lose it? Just make it consistent? Your wish is my command. :)

I'm just curious as to why there is the option to Post New Thread instead of Post Reply. If I'm reading a thread, the logical step would be to reply to it, not create another thread.

Most reactions

Back