Why is Your's the Best?

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have you found a niche--Do you prefer or specialize in one type of photography?

Why do you like it? What makes it better for you than all the rest?

I would not say that I have found a niche intrest, more that I got into photography to enable me into a niche.
To my getting the camera was part of an aim to being able to capture sights of wildlife and record them (so not just viewing with binoculars). Since getting the camera I have made it my aim to achive the best I can in this area What makes it better than all the rest I don't really know as I have not tried all the rest and I am sure that each has its own attractions, but to me this is the best since I find both the act of shooting and the subjects themselves interesting - there is also the challenge aspect of finding a subject - something which as yet I have not followed through on.

As for a niche area that I have more found than aimed for I would say (As an extention of wildlife photography) that macro (insect) is an area that I found rather than aimed for. For me the attraction to that area was a greater level of control over the situation and also the ability to do it in my own back garden as well as a newfound fasination with the insect world.

No particular Niche, but I have found myself spending more time/effort on particular aspects at one time or another. For example, about a year ago at this time I was spending my time taking lots of scenic shots. Lots of landscapes, flowers, ect... These days I'm spending most of my time working on getting my portraiture down. I spend most of my reading time reading books on posing, studio lighting techniques. I spend most of my shooting time with people rather than animals, or enviroment.

If you'd call it a niche then yes, i do enjoy going out and finding wildlife and birds and getting my shots. I just like the idea of being the only one out there on a given day at 6:30 waiting for light, lying on a sand bar freezing my a$$ off. I've always liked wildlife and it will be my career in the future(Wildlife Biologist).

I will take other shots mostly landscape but some people to, but my passion is animals. (just need more funding ;) )

I don't have a niche.

Most of what I show people is animal pictures, so might seem to others that I have a niche.. but I have lots of different and very personal projects that I just don't think would interest anybody (US Civil War battlefields/reenactments)... and some that are just not good enough to share yet (underwater photography, portraiture, fine art).

I dont have a niche. I just like to shoot it is like taking a mini vacation from life when Im shooting.

Dude....those are insane images. :thumbup::thumbup: That IR is killer.

I dont know if I have a niche. I like to shoot everything, and dont really want a label attached to me. But there is one thing that has sort of taken off a little. :mrgreen:

I photograph pretty much anything that moves or doesn't move, my goal when I take photographs is to record something future generations will like, I'll just photograph a regular street to record what is happening now. I love looking at photographs of bygone eras and I want to supply those same photographs for someone else to look at in 100 years.

Last edited:

I just got blown away. Hot, hot, hot!

As for me, I love people. I think they're the most dynamic subjects in the world, and when you capture that moment where they let down their barriers and show their true personalities, it's more to me than any sunset or abstract piece might be. (Mind you, great respect for those shots as well.)

My main focus is MotoX...I like this action aspect better because there will never be two shots alike. Each shot is a complete original in contrast to stills where you have the chance to change the lighting, positioning and any camera settings you want to try. In action you get one shot at it, if you miss it, it's gone. The reason I like MotoX over say stock car racing, is that the rider gives more of the personal touch to the photo as just seeing part of a helmet in a car.

I'm not accomplished enough to have a niche. I've taken a lot of landscapes because it's a good excuse to get out in country I love, and you don't have to talk the model into posing.

I shoot everything under the sun, so...no I do not believe I have found any niche as demonstrated by This social group.

I do shoot a lot of birds tho....but I would hardly call my self specialized, merely one with enough stuff to do it.

I am not experienced enough to have a niche, really.

What interests me the most is photography of places nature has taken back - old buildings, plants growing up through abandoned areas of town, discarded items....

I've always had an interest in things kind of pushed aside and things people like to only see out of the corner of their eyes - if at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back