Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Why Nikon 51-point Auto Focus?

Because Canon's version had 50? ;)

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Why Nikon 51-point Auto Focus?

Because Canon's version had 50? ;)

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Pfft
spinal_tap_amps.png

xkcd: Spinal Tap Amps

And yes more cross points and AF points is a great thing to have *says the 400D user with 1 cross type point...*

Would someone provide a little more detail as to what "cross points and AF points " are/and do?

Thanks

Would someone provide a little more detail as to what "cross points and AF points " are/and do?

Thanks

I beleive the cross type AF point have a pair of sensors that is perpendicular to each other (Vertical and Horizontal) for more accurate AF. And it usually works with fast lens.

So the AF speed of a EF 50mm F/1.4 lens on a XTi is slower than when it is paired with a 40/50D which has cross type AF point.

Good article, thanks. Will be useful when explaining why this focus system is better than a D90 (your example), for those that are trying to decide between the two and focusing performance is a criteria.

Having had the D40 (3 points), D60, D5000, D90, D200 and D300s I can definitely say the 51 point focus is incredible, especially when trying to stay locked on an erratically moving object. I never fully understood the point until I had it, now I need it :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back