Why nobody mentioned the new 105f1.4ED?????

I'll post images from the lens later...I just got it yesterday.

as promised...
wide open

Attachments

• DSC_3536.jpg
    DSC_3536.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_3398.jpg
    DSC_3398.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_3360.jpg
    DSC_3360.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 195
oh can you say BOKEH
DSC_3860.jpg

and this is why it's such a great lens
DSC_3857.jpg

Greetings. Newbie to this forum. Since I've just rewarded myself with a D810 and the lens under discussion here, I thought it might be a good time to jump in. As to the 105 in question, I can honestly say that I am in a state of bliss after shelling out the cash for it. While I am strictly an interested amateur at this point, my photography involvement goes back as far as the 1970s. I started my working life as a professional and made a living with a camera for many years. I have owned and used some of the best cameras and lenses in the world. I mention that not as a brag but to hopefully lend credibility to this next statement. I can't remember a single lens that impressed me as much as this 105 does. Naturally, the first thing I did was walk around with it set at f1.4. If I was able to hit the focus, it was better than I hoped it would be.

I'm still learning the differences between my much-loved D700 and my new D810, so my images tend to be more "fun" than anything that might be mistaken for "art". However, at this point in my life, "fun" is kind of where I'm at. Here's a couple snapshots.

snowellie.jpg
D810-feeder.jpg

Crap, I have to find out when I see a friend posting test images with his new 105? Nobody even told me Nikon finally released a new lens I might find useful! Damn! :D OK,I have been living under a rock a while I guess

I am not a friend I guess, but I bought one, I am very happy with the lens and I posted a lot of pictures I took with it in "The Coffee House"...

I posted a lot of pictures I took with it in "The Coffee House"...
But nothing there counts for anything. That place is only 1/4 step above the Leader Board. :biglaugh:

DSC_3840.jpg

sample with the lens shot wide open at f/1.4 (ISO 640)

here's a 100% crop
DSC_3840-2.jpg

Pretty amazing way it transitions from the focused zone to the defocused zone. IMHO, as a sort of bokeh aficionado, I think the new 105 is right up there with the 200mm f/2 VR lens, which I had for about 10 years. Only the big thing is, the new 105/1.4 is NOT a 7-pound,awkward, nose-diver lens...it's relatively "small" compare to the 200/2 and 300/2.8 Nikons I've owned, but that extra f/stop of aperture over the 200/2 seems to give the possibility for similar shallow DOF, at least at closer ranges.

It looks like one hell of a lens...close to perfect. The 200/2 VR, and the "new" 135/2 Zeiss manual focus might be similar competing options for the same type of critical sharpness, yet smooth, smooth roll-off to the defocused zone, with beautiful bokeh rendering. This looks to me, based on the size and weight measurements, to be Nikon's attempt to create another high-desire-for-specific-item kinda' lens. The 200/2 was great, but the HANDLING in the field was terrible.

@chuasam phantastic shot and the lens ... no doubt about the lens ... sure one of the best I ever had.

Crap, I have to find out when I see a friend posting test images with his new 105? Nobody even told me Nikon finally released a new lens I might find useful!

Damn! :D

OK,I have been living under a rock a while I guess
Here's a few shots from my walk in the park today
DSC_7594.jpg

DSC_7571.jpg

So I brought the Lens to Puddles Pity Party.
DSC_9713.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back