Why not kill one today?

SleepingWolf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Ontario government allows and even encourages the "hunting" of wolves in many parts of Ontario. Hunting is really murdering since you don't eat wolves and their fur is not worth more than $20. They even recommend using hounds - to chase the wolf until it is full exhausted..then the brave redneck hunter can shoot it and mount the wolve's head as a trophy in his bar before getting ****ed drunk and bragging to his friends about what a brave soul he is.

DSC_8223.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm..... Well, don't really know what to say.

Good shot?

They are beautiful animals and you photograph them beautifully. It is sad that they can be hunted, etc but unfortunately they share the same fate as a lot of other beautiful, wild animals. So you just keep taking pics of the "lucky" ones and sharing them with us.

Oh well, last year we had a brown bear cross the border into Germany, and they felt Germany cannot "do" bears (since that bear killed and - partially only - ate some sheep that were kept up there in the mountains of Bavaria), so after some discussion on what to do with the bear ("Bruno"), the authorities decided it must be shot - and although several organisations, who had wanted to humanely remove the bear from the Bavarian Alps by capturing him, could not get hold of him for weeks, the moment the decision that he may be shot was issued, he was shot dead within hours :cry:

One bear in all of our country.
And the first after over 100 and so and so years who came back. :roll:

I'm sorry but there are a few times when i'm ashamed to be Canadian.

Well try being British, the way we treat Foxes and Badgers makes me sick!

Wonderful shot by the way

One bear in all of our country.
And the first after over 100 and so and so years who came back. :roll:

That is very sad as well LaFoto. In the case of the Ontario Wolves, also known as the [SIZE=-1]Algonquin Wolves, they are hunted purely for "sports".. these animals are up in northern Canada..they do not attack man or dosmetic animals....there is nothing to attack other than their natural prey...men have to travel considerable distances off the beaten path to slaughter these beautiful creatures.

Americans hunters can come up, with the full blessing of our government, pay a nominal fee and then go shoot wolves as "trophies" (I think the limit has been reduced to two wolves per hunter). Obviously, Canadian hunters can and do participate as well.

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]...i'm sure the government will be put these wolves on the endangered list a few weeks before they become extinct - that's my guess.[/SIZE]

Lovely image of a sad subject. :pale:

Reminds me of a song by Megadeth called "Countdown to Extinction". I know wolves are not close to being extinct, but there are some lyrics in that song that coincide with what youre talking about. Truly sad. Perhaps the world needs a good "redneck roundup"! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back