Why oh why....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Steve, it must be a slight relief to find a way to expend some of that free floating anger with your usual passive aggressiveness, finding ways to call people names without direct confrontation.

I think it's interesting that, passive aggressive or not, you're smart enough not to try to say I'm wrong...

Next time, I am ready to tell someone to do a web search or read their manual rather than asking 'Mommy' for the answer, I will instead refer them to you.

Often, an answer to a question isn't going to be found in an owners manual. Often, an answer can be found on websites such as, oh, I dunno'... THIS ONE. When someone replies "Google it", that person might as well reply "I'm too stupid to even try to offer you an intelligent answer to your question".

And in my block-headed, ego-inflated way, I will go back to other stuff.

Okay, see ya'...

It seems as though every time I open my Facebook account, one of my past clients thinks they are a pro photographer. It starts with a PM to me about what camera they should buy, and then I start seeing a big fat logo a month later. It has been with several of my past brides and a couple of my senior clients. I explain to them very kindly that I am not going to teach them the editing skills they need, and they should probably start with a basic fundamentals of photography class, but I am still getting daily PM's on how to do this or that and blah, blah, blah. I think I am going to get a little more firm about it, and let them know that I taught myself and point them to some of those resources AGAIN. I hate to be this way, but it is really getting a bit over the top. Why do some people think these skills are just handed over on a silver platter without any effort on their part? In other words.....go look the sh@t up, and learn it yourself. Purchase a book and read it. Watch one of the thousands of FREE YouTube videos that are out there. Go to the library a check out a stack of books on photography like I did! Put in the time and effort to make yourself successful. I cannot do that for you. End of rant. Thanks for reading.

I just give them the link to www.thephotoforum.com easy, done!

If you think they really want to learn, send them here.

Unfortunately, TPF has no shortage of blockheads who respond to requests for assistance with "Google it".

Too many people here have such over-inflated egos that they don't believe they should be burdened by taking the time to help someone with a simple question. They're too stupid to realize that the vast level of experience on this forum makes it a "go to" spot on the web. Certainly, send people here. But front-load them with the knowledge that they'll probably be demeaned for asking simple questions.

As for Kathy's "problem", she should be flattered. Of course, none of us can truly know the horrors of getting Facebook messages asking for advice or how-to's.

Oh, wait... Nevermind.

I say help them. You're not so important or lofty that you can't. They're coming to you for a reason. Be flattered by that, and react accordingly...
Dear Steve,
That was the most ignorant thing I think I have seen you respond with to date. First of all, I will and have helped them up to this point. I have given them numerous resources that I have used when I was first getting started. (forums, websites, books, etc.) If someone is truly inclined to learn something then they will put forth the effort to learn and do some research on their own. I would be happy to clarify something or give them critique as I have told them already, but I am not the main source of information. Your bitterness is really unflattering Steve! You should get that looked at.
Your egotistical, over burdened, photographer
Kathy

Don't mind Steve. This is his favorite pass time:

24.gif

Kathy, I'd say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You must have made it look really easy.

Can we keep it civil, everyone? :)

WHY must it happen every week......?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we keep it civil, everyone? :)

WHY must it happen every week......?

Don't blame me... I am not even around much anymore! :: Must be somebody else! lol!

If you think they really want to learn, send them here.

Unfortunately, TPF has no shortage of blockheads who respond to requests for assistance with "Google it".

Too many people here have such over-inflated egos that they don't believe they should be burdened by taking the time to help someone with a simple question. They're too stupid to realize that the vast level of experience on this forum makes it a "go to" spot on the web. Certainly, send people here. But front-load them with the knowledge that they'll probably be demeaned for asking simple questions.

As for Kathy's "problem", she should be flattered. Of course, none of us can truly know the horrors of getting Facebook messages asking for advice or how-to's.

Oh, wait... Nevermind.

I say help them. You're not so important or lofty that you can't. They're coming to you for a reason. Be flattered by that, and react accordingly...
Dear Steve,
That was the most ignorant thing I think I have seen you respond with to date. First of all, I will and have helped them up to this point. I have given them numerous resources that I have used when I was first getting started. (forums, websites, books, etc.) If someone is truly inclined to learn something then they will put forth the effort to learn and do some research on their own. I would be happy to clarify something or give them critique as I have told them already, but I am not the main source of information. Your bitterness is really unflattering Steve! You should get that looked at.
Your egotistical, over burdened, photographer
Kathy

Ignorant?

Prove me wrong. Prove to me that there aren't countless posts where people chastise newbies for coming here and asking simple questions. You and I both know that it happens, and that it happens often.

As for what you do, if you're willing to help them, great! But, if you freely choose to do that, why in the Hell are you whining about it? That is ignorance to the 9th degree. What you see as "bitterness" is nothing more than me accurately identifying what goes on here on a regular basis.

But, again, feel free to prove me wrong...

Enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back