Not open for further replies.

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is very simple. After arriving at the triathlon venue early and spending time looking for the best spot to shoot the start of the race, I took up position with a Canadian Press wire service photographer. What happened next was a surprise but something that happens way too often these days. As the race was about to start, 10 seconds away this amateur walks around a security fence out into the water, we yelled at him to stop, he turned and with a stupid grin on his face turned back around and stayed. The picture shows the result. After the start I went over to him and had a few words for him, I spoke to him in clear English and really didn't care what he said back to me in a combination of French and broken English, he finally says, "I weren't in your picture" I showed him the 6 frames, and asked him if that was his ass in the frames, he made it all better by saying sorry, in fact he didn't make anything better.

For everyone that is out shooting pictures, and it doesn't matter if they are amateurs or pros, before you move, walk or run, look around, all around and make sure there is no one behind you taking pictures. With everyone using I-phone and I-pads and digital cameras people get caught up and don't think. We didn't really part as friends, I'm sure he has a few nice frames, but in the process ruined someone else's.

Did you demand he sign a model release?

If not, ask him for his address so you can send him a print.

If he was there, he's part of the story, isn't he?

If you're looking to sell clean pictures of the start to the racers, then clone him out. If you're looking to do journalism, leave him in and see if there's anything interesting to be made of it. Does his presence speak to the mainstreaming of triathlons?

This is NOT limited to amateurs; when I was shooting the Consecration of the Queen's Colours for the Canadian Scottish a couple of years ago we all went down and got our little briefing from the event coordinator, s in, "You can stand from here to here, don't go past this line, etc.." The idiot that ignored all that and ran onto the field for a close-up of the drum major was a Black Press PJ!

It is true that there are a lot of "pros" that fail to think as well, the lack of professional courtesy is heading out the window these days, I was taught that if you pick a spot to stay in that spot until the action is over, always look behind to see who is there before moving. The only thing that this guy should be happy about is that I didn't throw a rock at him...there wasn't enough time.

1) Take a picture of his face behind the security line
2) File a police report for trespassing
3) Use the photo to then publish a story entitled "Man faces possible criminal charges for photobombing"
4) Instant hit on any of an infinite number of trashy internet tabloid news hubs

:D

This is NOT limited to amateurs; when I was shooting the Consecration of the Queen's Colours for the Canadian Scottish a couple of years ago we all went down and got our little briefing from the event coordinator, s in, "You can stand from here to here, don't go past this line, etc.." The idiot that ignored all that and ran onto the field for a close-up of the drum major was a Black Press PJ!

::: Black Press :::

"What elevates Black Press newspapers from the crowd is our diversity."

I think you hate anyone that does that... amateurs or pros. And yes.. there are some pros that do that.

A friend of mine is a professional videographer for wedding. And you are correct. He show me some clips that the some (not all) Wedding Photographers did that.

Of course, he also showed me some "friends with iPad" video. Everything were set and ready do roll. And at the last second, someone walk up in front of the camera and shoot with a 10 inch iPad which block everything. Of course, he shoot with multiple cams, but still....

My dislike for many true amateurs is simple - I dislike them because of the inflated and delusional worth that they put on their photos/skills.

I'm mostly talking about those who buy really expensive stuff and then fumble around trying to figure out why their photos are overexposed, all while bragging about their expensive camera and how they've totally been taking pictures for 15 years

Most amateurs are nice to be around and are really concerned with learning...but then there are those....

The guy photobombing you ought to have been arrested for the fashion crimes he was committing! Man...those pants! Or are they shorts, worn over white Spanx? lol

It is true that there are a lot of "pros" that fail to think as well, the lack of professional courtesy is heading out the window these days, I was taught that if you pick a spot to stay in that spot until the action is over, always look behind to see who is there before moving. The only thing that this guy should be happy about is that I didn't throw a rock at him...there wasn't enough time.

People just don't give a **** about anyone besides themselves. I was a parade with my young son and we had picked out a spot where he could see and sure enough a "larger" woman came down and parked her sizable posterior in a chair right in front of his stroller. I told her excuse me can you move so my son could see. She got all pissy and start unloading profanities describing how she can sit where every she wants and we could move it if bothered us. Needless to say I covered my son's ears and called her a piece of human garbage and left. She started to waddle after me but realized that I was moving much quicker than her obese form could handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back