Why PS CS3?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I suppose this is the right area of the forum to post such a question...sorry if its not.

Anyway, I'm getting Adobe's CS5 Production Premium in for my studies in web design & development, and I was wondering...it seems people's choice for image editing in PS is PS CS3, even when CS4 & 5 are out - is there any reason for this? I feel I may be missing something -_-

Last edited:
I don't know about that. Maybe it's because people have CS3 and they never felt the need/don't have the money to upgrade. Obviously with all the new advancements in CS5 it is well worth the upgrade.

I think for the same reason there are professional photographers out there still using older generation of camera equipments.

I have CS3 on my PC still and since im now using my mac more i got the CS5 yesterday for it and so far i don't see why someone wouldn't upgrade.

I have CS3 on my PC still and since im now using my mac more i got the CS5 yesterday for it and so far i don't see why someone wouldn't upgrade.
Because if you buy it legitemately, its pretty expensive.

I have both.
There's nothing wrong with CS3 for image editing I used it since it came out 3 +/- years ago but I wouldn't say I "prefer" it over CS5.
CS5 has everything CS3 has and much more.

Most reactions

Back