TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New PS experiment... let me know what ya guys think.... still learning

_MG_5716koi.jpg

To be honest, it looks too unnatural, but that's just my opinion.

-Colin

I like where your going with this...but it doesn't look finished. I think it would be neat if all the skin was that texture.

That was my thought (about it being too unnatural and not finished) I posted it because I need some guidance on PS... anyone?

I like the shot, a sexy model, but not sure whats going on with her back,, I find that disstracting

I like the shot, a sexy model, but not sure whats going on with her back,, I find that disstracting

As the title states.....Not so "Koi".

It is a really neat idea, but back to the drawing board (sorry, pun intended....:lol:)

Last edited:
That was my thought (about it being too unnatural and not finished) I posted it because I need some guidance on PS... anyone?

Think about how scales appear, and how it would look on a body. The way you have it now, it seems to cover part of the back and some of the arm, and doesn't "flow" with the body.

To make textures look natural they have to seem like they start and finish naturally, the way skin would. So I would put the skin somewhere else that it would fit more...

does that make any sense?

Personally if I was going to try to make this work I would texture more of the skin with the scales and use selective coloring in places although I don't think this shot is ideal for this sort of treatment the pose is too closed to give a real starting point it feels like there is no good place to start and end with the scales while with a more open pose.

The scales on the back don't really look "scaley" enough if you know what I mean by that. You could also think about trying in on half of your face...the idea just popped into my head so it would take some experimenting.

Ive been working on a few edits keeping in mind all the feedback...im beginning to think im impatient :)

I've been wanting to try something similar to this only using a slide projector directly on the model. I just need a model. lol.

I've been wanting to try something similar to this only using a slide projector directly on the model. I just need a model. lol.

Didn't think of that one....Good idea.

Most reactions

Back