Why the hate on the Rebels??

squee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
abbeynugentphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been glancing around ads for some contract work and I've been seeing a lot of people saying things like 'Rebels need not apply' or 'NO Rebels!'

I love my Rebel (cuddles) what is so awful about them? I wanted it for six years before I finally bought it, now I'm feeling like I should be embarrassed to own one. :grumpy:

Nothing there just not a "Pro" Camera. Though more than capable of producing them. If you like the camera shoot with it, and let your work speak for itself. I love brand wars as I love photography but bottom line is its the person not the camera that makes the images. I used a D40 so I'm sure your rebel beats that.

I don't mean to start a war! I just want to know if there's a technical reason why people reject Rebels. Like maybe they cause intestinal cancer in babies or something. :er:

I certainly agree that it's the photographer, not the camera. Discrimination is bad for you. :hug::

We just went to a bridal event, in which we set up to shoot save the dates and offer engement shoots for engaged couples. We shoot nikon, but my fiancee used, for this event,......drum roll please,......a Canon Rebel. Do what you want, if anybody says anything, just spin it and show them the screen.

Sometimes there really is an educated client.

Sorry, I meant to say that sometimes your clients watch Judge Joe Brown.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7RzcdDcMs[/ame]​

Sometimes there really is an educated client.

Sorry, I meant to say that sometimes your clients watch Judge Joe Brown.

LOL!
She requested 1,000, she received $2500?
The defendants were idiots lol...

She started out saying they have shot hundreds of weddings, roflmao. What is the service life of a rebel xt, out of curiosity?

3 weeks, but no one can say for sure as no one has owned one for longer then that.

3 weeks, but no one can say for sure as no one has owned one for longer then that.

...which is a bit of a silly joke, as coming up December I'll have had mine for 5 years and it is still in good working order. :grumpy:

;)

You people are nuts today.

Personally, I hate Rebels. They keep blowing up perfectly good space stations.

Nothing there just not a "Pro" Camera. Though more than capable of producing them. If you like the camera shoot with it, and let your work speak for itself. I love brand wars as I love photography but bottom line is its the person not the camera that makes the images. I used a D40 so I'm sure your rebel beats that.

Weather or not it is the person I think owning a "professional" camera is a decent measure of a persons seriousness about being a photographer. I have seen many threads and complaints here and other places about so many amatuers getting into wedding photography and undercutting "professionals" and I think this is a response to that.

Most reactions

Back