WHY THE HECK IS THIS TAKING SO LONG?!

I'm not a MAC dude but I assume your new computer has USB3 ports? If so try a USB3 reader. Plug it directly into one of the computer ports and not through a hub. I use USB3 internal card readers and they make a Hell of a difference on the PC platform. I have used this Kingston reader with my laptop and it works great.

Kingston FCR-HS3 Card Reader - Newegg.com

Here is a SanDisk model that appears to match the fruity machines.
SanDisk ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 Reader / Writer

I think it's my hub!! I've been going straight into the computer these last couple imports, and they are lightning fast again! Probably should have tried that a while ago. :lol:

I think it's my hub!! I've been going straight into the computer these last couple imports, and they are lightning fast again! Probably should have tried that a while ago. :lol:
Just curious, is your hub a powered hub or does it get power from the USB connection. If it is not a powered hub then you definately need to switch hubs.

I only use hubs for low speed devices.

Disks and card readers always get plugged in directly ;-)

Yeah I always plug the USB reader directly into the computer. Mine gets really slow plugged into my hub so I hardly ever use it. It really just has my keyboard and printer and whatnot plugged into it, and it's plenty fast for that.

A 2 gig transfer at 20 minutes is certainly less than 2mbps which is pretty slow. Long cables can cause problems between the hub and PC - but seems like avoiding the hub works for you :)

Most reactions

Back