Why to shoot in raw mode.

The Exposure Comp is easy to adjust on Fuji's. It is an unlocked dial next to the shutter release on the the right edge of the camera. It took a while to learn not to accidently touch that dial. Fortunately, during my formative years in photography, I had to exposure by eye. My skill level in that department is seriously reduced by neglect, but when I was shooting regularly, the TTL meter was used more as a backup and/or fine tuning for my eye than my primary metering. The EVF on the Fuji's is so good that usually I can catch Exp/Comp under-over exposure if I accidentally hit it.

I love that dial! Right where it belongs on my X-E2. I'd hate it if were locked, but yes you have to keep after it.

Joe

That was handsomely said, Joe.

I disagree on particulars, but I apologize in turn for any and all of the several places in which I was offensive.

All in favor of closing this thread?

All in favor of closing this thread?
don't matter to me. I am starting to wonder if the snow and cold is making you grumpy....:laugh2:

..... I know what you're saying. You can unbox the new Xmas camera and go through the manual with a little help in a couple of hours and start taking some respectable JPEGs of the kids that will look great to your FB friends. I also know that way too many of those people manage to catch a few "isn't she soooo cute" snapshots and a month later Precious Moments has a FB page open for business.........
This phenomenon just cracks me up! I've seen it twice with relatives. Oooh's and ahh's and then a business page appears! The pics are snapshots, but who's gonna tell them?! I guess there is a market for it, or they retire quickly lol!!

..... I know what you're saying. You can unbox the new Xmas camera and go through the manual with a little help in a couple of hours and start taking some respectable JPEGs of the kids that will look great to your FB friends. I also know that way too many of those people manage to catch a few "isn't she soooo cute" snapshots and a month later Precious Moments has a FB page open for business.........
This phenomenon just cracks me up! I've seen it twice with relatives. Oooh's and ahh's and then a business page appears! The pics are snapshots, but who's gonna tell them?! I guess there is a market for it, or they retire quickly lol!!
it is easier and higher quality now. Taking a photo on a consumer grade dslr in auto can get you better results than what you paid someone to do at sears twenty years ago. They aren't all crap photos, that is the thing. Many are better than what the pros were paid to do not that long ago. Ad in a nominal knowledge in post processing all these novices aren't all turning out crap images. You can turn out better photos with a phone camera than I was paying someone to take of my kids for school photos a decade ago.

Where do you teach? My oldest daughter is a Billiken.

Gary

(PS- I absolutely love my Fuji cameras.)

I'm retired 6 years now and I teach as a part-time faculty here and there and all over one semester to the next. This semester I'm teaching on two different campuses which are both part of the STLCC conglomerate -- Wildwood and Florissant Valley in Ferguson MO -- students are getting some exciting photos. I prefer to teach just one class per semester but I often end up with two -- too much work.

I did graduate work at SLU when I first came to town back in the 70s.

I'm also very happy with my X-E2. I downsized last year from a 5DmkII and have no regrets except the loss of the OVF which I've adjusted to. IQ is basically the same and the 14mm f/2.8 is one of the best lenses I've owned in a 40 year career.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back