-Why we are Here-

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A very simple photo that shows the reason we are here. It is to help those who are hurting, and tell them what we know about life and living.
TouchGermany.jpg

I took this in Frankfurt/Oder(former East Germany)
I went there with my Church's youth group for an outreach last June for two weeks.
We got to make a lot of friends and share what Jesus Christ has done for us, everyone there listened to us and once we made relationships with them they would feel more comforitable about talking to us. We also did a cultural exchange in four different schools in East Germany. One of the schools had NEVER let Americans into their schools, so we were the first group to ever go and talk with the kids there.
It was a great trip and I look forward to going back again someday! :)

very cool shot~!! We have the same programs here in our town, we bring the less forunate here from USA and have them stay in our homes.. with our children.. it has been a great program, good for everyone involved!

Thanks Raymond!
I was beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who likes this photo... :p
It's my favorite photo I've ever taken... :blushing:

I love the picture. The b/w is awesome, then to set it off with the blue was just awe inspiring.

Perhaps what I like the most is the message behind the picture. I just returned back from a mission trip to Jamaica and am always impressed with the way Christ works in our lives. There are so many doors and opportunities that open up when you allow Christ to work in your life.

Thanks for sharing.

John Gilmore

Raymond, I think this was brilliantly done.

I am surprised that people are things about Christianity so openly on the forum. I was under the impression that it's not allowed. MAke no mistake , it makes my heart proud to know that there are peolpe on the boards who share my convictions.

Thank you for being open about your beliefs.

and thanks for posting , great pic. Keep up the good work.
Hanno

ThatCameraThingy said:
I am surprised that people are things about Christianity so openly on the forum.
Well, I'm not ashamed of it... it's a way of life for me, so I don't think I should 'fake' it any other way.
I just say what I feel.

Raymond, I think this was brilliantly done.
btw, I took the picture. ;)

bumsrmyfriends said:
I really, really like this picture. It has so much emotion.
Thanks!
I feel the same way about it.

When I saw the kid sitting back there crying I couldn't help but get the picture. It did feel awkward at the time, going up infront of everything just to take a picture, but it was worth it.

After the picture I did go back there and talk to him. Even though he was young he still was filled with so many emotions from just hearing what we had to say. It was really amazing talking to him and getting to know just that much more about their culture.

LittleMan

I'm sure you took the pic ;-) . Great shot.

BTW , my wife is a Minster (rev) in the Methodist Church of SA. So yes , Christianity is also a part of life for me. I was just not sure how to aply the rule of 'no religion' on the forum. Didn't want to get busted for breaking the forum rules.

Hanno

ThatCameraThingy said:
LittleMan

I'm sure you took the pic ;-) . Great shot.

BTW , my wife is a Minster (rev) in the Methodist Church of SA. So yes , Christianity is also a part of life for me. I was just not sure how to aply the rule of 'no religion' on the forum. Didn't want to get busted for breaking the forum rules.

Hanno
I just say don't get into arguments... If you don't get into arguments then no one really cares what you say about yourself. :wink:

Most reactions

Back