Why we must maintain our files

ann

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was posted on another site, but I know there are a few here that will appreciate the value these old photos hold.

The Lost America | Mind Junker

Hmm they all look very similar, as if its a single collection by a single photographer we are looking at. Have to say they are better shots than I expected to see.

Cool site! Those are some interesting shots!

Bygone eras. Will someone look at our shots some day and wonder how we could deal with such primitive technology? Probably so.

These are the kind of photos one can find by the hundreds at Shorpy.com. Some of the old large archives do have fairly similar "looks", like those from the Detroit Publishing Company, which had a lot of glass plate shots. The passage of time makes even relatively mundane scenes seem fascinating to many people.

Derrel said:
These are the kind of photos one can find by the hundreds at Shorpy.com. Some of the old large archives do have fairly similar "looks", like those from the Detroit Publishing Company, which had a lot of glass plate shots. The passage of time makes even relatively mundane scenes seem fascinating to many people.

In 100 years the iPhone Facebook portraits are going to classics and worth a lot of money lol

just getting ready to post about Shorpy.com

I just love this stuff. I know this will probably tick off some, but these days most people are clueless about the history of photography and what has gone before.
They buy a camera, but have little understanding and knowledge of photography.

Hmm they all look very similar, as if its a single collection by a single photographer we are looking at. Have to say they are better shots than I expected to see.

no a variety of photographers.

very cool. I love the shot of the guy playin' the old silvertone guitar in front of the model T while his friends are just hangin' out doin' their thing. Do you think anybody in that picture ever dreamed that some dude 95 years in the future would be admiring that moment?

very cool. I love the shot of the guy playin' the old silvertone guitar in front of the model T while his friends are just hangin' out doin' their thing. Do you think anybody in that picture ever dreamed that some dude 95 years in the future would be admiring that moment?

This was my favorite, brush.

Some really amazing photos in this collection. I love old B&W. I'm definitely going to check out shorpy.com.

Derrel said:

In 100 years the iPhone Facebook portraits are going to classics and worth a lot of money lol
In 100 years most of the Facebook portraits will have long ago been deleted or lost through computer upgrades and hard drive crashes.

Most reactions

Back