Why won't my camera take pictures..?

kittenbreath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Pocket Instamatic 20 camera and just bought and tried to shoot with kodak gold 110 film that's 400 ISO. I wound the film until a "1" appeared and tried to take a picture but the button won't press down anymore? Whyyy?

...... Because the shutter is jammed. Spend another 2.50 plus shipping and get a new one.

Now, why won't my camera take any pictures worth keeping is another and significantly more difficult question to answer.

how does that happen though. it was working before i put the film in

Are you sure the film has never been used? Was it in a sealed package?

If you put a film cartridge in there that has already been shot (but never pricessed) the film won't advance any more and the camera won't shoot.

yeah, the film was in a sealed package.

...... Because the shutter is jammed. Spend another 2.50 plus shipping and get a new one.

Now, why won't my camera take any pictures worth keeping is another and significantly more difficult question to answer.

...... Because the user is jammed. Spend another $250-$5,000 (They usually ship themselves) and get a new one.

eek.gif

Make sure the lens cover is completely open. If it's closed the shutter won't fire.

...... Because the shutter is jammed. Spend another 2.50 plus shipping and get a new one.Now, why won't my camera take any pictures worth keeping is another and significantly more difficult question to answer.
...... Because the user is jammed. Spend another $250-$5,000 (They usually ship themselves) and get a new one.
A new me?! for as little as $250?! Awesome

.I don't know why they jam up, if that is the case, they just do. I have had several older cameras that have - much "better" cameras than yours, even. Maybe try another cartridge, maybe it is defective. I suppose if the film is old, the emulsion might have glued itself together?

Make sure the lens cover is completely open. If it's closed the shutter won't fire.
it's completely open. everyone that is being rude can stop?

i was not trying to be rude. just from my experience, these sorts of things are pretty impossible to fix, and is hardly worth fixing even if they are. Provided teh obvious isn't the solution, failure to actuate is a good sign the camera is broken.

You are going to have to remove the film cartridge (and expose a couple of frames) to check the shutter.
There should be a small metal lever along the film plane.
The shutter is mechanical and gets set by the film moving across, catching the lever, and moving it to set the shutter.
You should be able to move it by hand, unless it is already set ... I think it might be recessed, until the shutter button is pressed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back