Why wont this work???

DaleHimself

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok i am trying to do stuff with my shutter speed but when i make the shutter longer the picture is all white. how can i fix that??? heres what the picture is a waterfall. then after i make the shutter slower.

Before
DSCF3285-1.jpg

After
DSCF3283.jpg

Longer shutter speeds means more light is getting into your camera. Thus the brighter image. Increase aperture or wait till night time.

You can't just change one thing. You have to also change the aperture, and or ISO. You'll also likely need an ND filter for slow shutter in bright day light.

Google Exposure Triangle, and get the book "Understanding Exposure".

Also read your manual regarding the light meter, and metering.

Looks like when you lengthened the shutter speed you did not compensate elsewhere on the exposure. That is why the image is over exposed. Read up on the exposure triangle to learn more about how you would compensate in other areas.

A good tip that can help you slow the shutter down and keep a good exposure would be to use ND filters when shooting.

Can't just increase the exposure time without decreasing ISO or aperture... and if you're shooting on a bright day, the pictures will look burned due to the harsh sun, unless proper filters are used.

Sounds like you need to read a book on exposure.

Another idea would be to shoot in exposure priority mode and letting the camera adjust aperture based on the ISO used and the camera will automatically compensate

Most reactions

New Topics

Back