Why would I want to use my 50mm prime over my 24-70L in this situation?

I am wondering if it's the sigma 50mm? I have never used it to know if it's as sharp as the Canon

You all can probably tell from my posts that I'm somewhat newer to photography (compared with a lot of you), but I'll just tell you what I've observed from my use of the two lenses. I think that I get sharper photos more consistently from the Canon than I do the Sigma, and I think that's because the Sigma will "miss" the autofocus sometimes. I still haven't had the time to sit down and figure out if it is front or back focusing, but it seems harder for me to get sharp shots with the Sigma.

That could possibly be because I'm generally shooting with wider apertures with the Sigma, which would introduce more user error... but I really do think my Sigma may be in need of a calibration.

I find it hilarious that anyone would think the 50 is superior to the 24-70 in any situation. I strapped that baby on and I'm not taking it off.

I have to have to strongly agree with you. I love my 24-70mm f/2.8, it rarely comes off. Unless I use the 70-200 or my 85mm f/1.2, which is rare.

Most reactions

Back