Why You Should Watermark Your Photos

I'm firmly convinced most of my images are quite popular around the world... I just can't prove it. But my gut tells me people use them all the time for advertising in other countries.

:D

Why don't you do a search for your own images? If you find them where they don't belong, send out an invoice. That is basic procedure.

skieur

I heard someone respond to an NPR story on this one today. Their response was "I don't see why they should be so upset! They should consider it the highest form of compliment to have their picture used!"

I laughed and thought to myself "Maaaaaaaan the people on TPF would be rabid and frothing at the mouth if they heard that." :lol:

I heard someone respond to an NPR story on this one today. Their response was "I don't see why they should be so upset! They should consider it the highest form of compliment to have their picture used!"

I laughed and thought to myself "Maaaaaaaan the people on TPF would be rabid and frothing at the mouth if they heard that." :lol:

Why I never! *wipes lips with a tissue*

Hrmph.

Reminds me of "National Lampoon's European Vacation" when the video camera was stolen.... :lol:

I love that the guy thought he'd never be caught using a US family's photo, but he did! :thumbup:

Perhaps, but then there are unfortunately lots of people who know nothing about copyright and think that everything on the net is in the public domain and free for the taking.

skieur

And probably outnumbering them are the people who know that it's illegal but don't care.

Most reactions

Back