Why?

I <3 this thread!

As someone who is certified to teach English to young malleable minds I would like to bring two other glaring omissions to this thread.

My fellow lovers of English, I ask that you not forget "TO, TOO and TWO" and "THEN and THAN" in your debate.

*LOL*

My wife, whom I love dearly, is a very intelligent woman (she has a Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education and Development) and she still does not grasp the concept that "THEN" is sequential and time related and "THAN" is comparative (I just read her resume and a cover letter that she is submitting and neither word was used correctly once ... *sigh* ... bad grammar and bad spelling are things that effect us all ... and I say it's our DUTY to correct those nincompoops who have been in this country their entire lives and yet refuse to learn the rules that govern the words that we speak. If they are going to be lazy enough to not care to learn the language then I am going to not care that I look like a complete pompous ass when I correct them.

*picking up soap box and walking away*

+1 to the OP!

Last edited:
I <3 this thread!

As someone who is certified to teach English to young malleable minds I would like to bring two other glaring omissions to this thread.

My fellow lovers of English, I ask that you not forget "TO, TOO and TWO" and "THEN and THAN" in your debate.

*LOL*

My wife, whom I love dearly, is a very intelligent woman (she has a Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education and Development) and she still does not grasp the concept that "THEN" is sequential and time related and "THAN" is comparative (I just read her resume and a cover letter that she is submitting and neither word was used correctly once ... *sigh* ... bad grammar and bad spelling are things that effect us all ... and I say it's our DUTY to correct those nincompoops who have been in this country their entire lives and yet refuse to learn the rules that govern the words that we speak. If they are going to be lazy enough to not care to learn the language then I am going to not care that I look like a complete pompous ass when I correct them.

*picking up soap box and walking away*

+1 to the OP!

abso-freaking-lutely :)

lol. Good old Basil ! Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm took the sociopathy to new levels of hilarity didn't it? i was tempted to embed a certain, pertinent, CYE youtube clip..but i'd get banned hehehehe!!!!

lol. Good old Basil ! Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm took the sociopathy to new levels of hilarity didn't it? i was tempted to embed a certain, pertinent, CYE youtube clip..but i'd get banned hehehehe!!!!

I'm a huge Curb fan as well, but yeah...deeefinitely not family/work friendly :p

Most reactions

Back