WHY?

external controls for aperture, shutter speed, ISO, af mode, +-EC
It's a Fuji so the colors are better

These are Fuji specific and not general to mirrorless. If you want external controls like the Fuji X cameras you can have that without adopting a mirrorless camera - Nikon DF.

As for Fuji colors being better that's pretty subjective and again not related to mirrorless in general.

Joe

which is why I said based on my Fuji

OK, but those aren't pros of mirrorless they're just pros of Fuji.

Joe

These are Fuji specific and not general to mirrorless. If you want external controls like the Fuji X cameras you can have that

Joe

which is why I said based on my Fuji

OK, but those aren't pros of mirrorless they're just pros of Fuji.

Joe

....... which is a mirrorless camera

These are Fuji specific and not general to mirrorless.
WYSIWYG in the viewfinder (i.e., EVF) is general to mirrorless. And I love that ability.

These are Fuji specific and not general to mirrorless.
WYSIWYG in the viewfinder (i.e., EVF) is general to mirrorless. And I love that ability.

It is which is why I made a point not to note that one. I noted the ones that are not general to mirrorless.

Joe

Anyway, I have no use for a mirrorless camera.
Cool.

I’m asking honestly... What is your end goal with this thread? It seems better suited in a DSLR or Nikon forum (e.g., your love of Nikon and DSLRs), otherwise, it seems like you’re being cantankerous. ;)
I'm old and cranky---cantankerous!

These are Fuji specific and not general to mirrorless. If you want external controls like the Fuji X cameras you can have that without adopting a mirrorless camera - Nikon DF.

As for Fuji colors being better that's pretty subjective and again not related to mirrorless in general.

Joe
I already have a Df. And an XPRO3. No doubt the XPRO3 renders some great colors.

the biggest selling point is that i have READ is that the mirrorless camera is supposed to DOUBLE the focal length of a lens you put on it.

IE if you have an old nikon 70-300mm lens from the 35mm slr days, you slap it onto the mirrorless body, it becomes a 140-600mm focal length.

The issue i had with that concept is...... why are the new lenses for the mirrorless cameras only being listed at 15-50mm for example, and not just 30-100... or are they simply selling off existing stock of 15-50mm focal length FX lenses rebadges as 30-100mm focal length mirrorless lenses

the biggest selling point is that i have READ is that the mirrorless camera is supposed to DOUBLE the focal length of a lens you put on it.

IE if you have an old nikon 70-300mm lens from the 35mm slr days, you slap it onto the mirrorless body, it becomes a 140-600mm focal length.
Nope. That doesn't happen and I don't think anyone is claiming it does.
The issue i had with that concept is...... why are the new lenses for the mirrorless cameras only being listed at 15-50mm for example, and not just 30-100... or are they simply selling off existing stock of 15-50mm focal length FX lenses rebadges as 30-100mm focal length mirrorless lenses
Well the new lens for my mirrorless FX camera was listed as a 24-70mm and it is in fact a 24-70mm.

You're sounding pretty confused here.

Joe

Well the new lens for my mirrorless FX camera was listed as a 24-70mm and it is in fact a 24-70mm.

Joe

no when i started looking into a digital a few of the online places tried pointing to me to get mirrorless because they made those claims.

you could end up with huge focal length gains like ou do with full frame 35mm lenses on aps-c cameras because the removal of the mirror housing altered the lens to sensor distance so much.

m4/3 cameras give the 2x FOV factor, not necessarily "mirrorless" cameras (olympus and Panasonic have made huge inroads in m4/3 cameras and lenses.There are full-frame 24x36mm mirrorless cameras as well as APS-C mirrorless cameras with 1.5x or 1.6x FOV factor from Canon, Nikon, and Fuji and probably others.

Joe

no when i started looking into a digital a few of the online places tried pointing to me to get mirrorless because they made those claims.

you could end up with huge focal length gains like ou do with full frame 35mm lenses on aps-c cameras because the removal of the mirror housing altered the lens to sensor distance so much.

I have two mirrorless cameras that are both full frame. Mirrorless is not specific to any format size. Lens focal length doesn't "gain" when you put the lens on a different format camera. The lens focal length stays the same -- the angle of view changes.

Joe

According to terri, "pocketcamera" has been banned. I BELIEVE THIS was his third incarnation here on TPF.

Why? The same question was asked in 1928 when Rolleiflex suddenly appeared in the Speed Graphic era. And in 1959 when the Nikon F appeared on the scene at the height of the Leica M3 era. Why would anybody want a POS new-fangled camera when a Speed Graphic is so awesome? Why would anybody want a noisy Japanese SLR
Camera when they could have a nearly silent ,German Leica?

Most reactions

Back