WHY??????

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to move to an Apple Mac but why did they have to put a glossy screen on the new iMacs??? I so much wanted to ditch PC's and get the 24" iMac but that screen is just awful and there is no way on Earth I can afford a REAL mac :grumpy:

my laptop has a glossy screen and damn is it F***ing annoying!.. even if the slightest little tiny shine of light hits it you can't see anything....

the only time you can see properly is in the frickin dark..

I could go on....

*rant over*

oh and why on earth would you want a mac???

oh and why on earth would you want a mac???

there is no way on Earth I'm touching Vista and XP crashes far too often for my liking and don't even think of suggesting any of those other stupid PC OS's, I'm also fed up with 3 AC Main Supplies and 3.5 miles of cables.

I've just had enough of PC's

I have a new Toshiba with Vista. I like it okay. Even though it is dual core, it doesn't seem any faster than other PCs.

:lmao: I hear you LP...

BUT...

I can't bring myself to emigrate to Macs. Two reasons...
1) iTunes. I have MP3s, everyone has MP3s, just let us drag them across and go please! (To be fair it's not as bad as Sony's software... criminal charges should be brought).
2) The Mac-Mouse. Pressing down the mouse instead of the button. It's just not natural I tells ya.

OK so not good reasons but those are my reasons :p

I'm still using XP and probably going to be using that and Linux for a good while... not liking either all that much, but I won't touch Vista either and it's all you can get with new PCs now... I swear before long Microsoft will be fitting us all with exploding collars like in The Running Man. Except without Arnie to save us.

Oh and all laptops seem to have those screens now. And is it just me or have the touchpads all suddenly turned even more crap? Now they all look like an Early Learning Centre "My First Laptop" to me :|

:lmao: I hear you LP...

BUT...

I can't bring myself to emigrate to Macs. Two reasons...
1) iTunes. I have MP3s, everyone has MP3s, just let us drag them across and go please! (To be fair it's not as bad as Sony's software... criminal charges should be brought).
2) The Mac-Mouse. Pressing down the mouse instead of the button. It's just not natural I tells ya.

OK so not good reasons but those are my reasons :p

Yes, those are some pretty weak reasons ;)
iTunes... feh, my mp3s works just fine
Mac-Mouse... again feh, I have a rolly ball lazer mouse thingy (the technical name of course) and it works just dandy :)

can you not customise your imac when you buy online?

I was able to choose from the shiny screen or matt screen when i bought my macbook about a year ago. I chose the matt because the the shiny screen makes your pictures look unrealistically colourful, so i heared anyway

can you not customise your imac when you buy online?

I was able to choose from the shiny screen or matt screen when i bought my macbook about a year ago. I chose the matt because the the shiny screen makes your pictures look unrealistically colourful, so i heared anyway

You can only customize the display with the Macbook Pro. I'm pretty sure the iMacs and Macbooks only offer the glossy screen.

I'm not cool enough to have one of the new fancy shmancy macs... I no nothing of these glossy screen problems

You can only customize the display with the Macbook Pro. I'm pretty sure the iMacs and Macbooks only offer the glossy screen.

yeah, i just went to there site to double check. Mine was the MacBook Pro, i presumed it would be the same for the rest. Seems a strange decision to put the glossy screen on most of the range

Most reactions

New Topics

Back