Wide angel lens

Shewhat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, this is Shewhat. I have Nikon d3200 with sigma 18-250mm. I want to take lots of landscape pictures. Do I need wide angel lens? If so which one? My budget is around $200. Any help is appreciated.

Hello, this is Shewhat. I have Nikon d3200 with sigma 18-250mm. I want to take lots of landscape pictures. Do I need wide angel lens? If so which one? My budget is around $200. Any help is appreciated.
You don't really need a wide angle for landscape. They're sometimes useful, but overdone I think for landscape. They make distant features very small in the frame. With a wide angle an impressive mountain can look like a small hill.

Maybe for very close shots, such as details in your back yard.

The lens is already a Wide Angle with the 18mm.

Unless he wants wider going to 10 or 11mm type lenses, which I think are above his budget.

The lens is already a Wide Angle with the 18mm.

Unless he wants wider going to 10 or 11mm type lenses, which I think are above his budget.
right, there just aren't any cheap ultra wides. You can get wide (18-24), but the wide end of the kit lens is probably better than anything you can buy under $400.

18mm on DX is pretty wide. But like someone else mentioned, if you need really wide... Sigma 10-20, Tamron 11-18, etc....

Most reactions

Back