Wide angle lens for the Sony A6000?

marchvet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking to get a wide angle lens for the Sony A6000. I am VERY new to photography and wanted to do timelapse and am wondering if a wide angle lens will make it look better?

I currently own the stock lens and the E-55 lens.

wanted to do timelapse and am wondering if a wide angle lens will make it look better?
Um … why not try setting up a composition you like? If you feel the shot you can capture with your camera/lens combination doesn't stretch out wide enough, then yes, you need a wider lens for that. It all depends on the shot; doesn't really matter if it's a time-lapse, a video, or a still image.

wanted to do timelapse and am wondering if a wide angle lens will make it look better?
Um … why not try setting up a composition you like? If you feel the shot you can capture with your camera/lens combination doesn't stretch out wide enough, then yes, you need a wider lens for that. It all depends on the shot; doesn't really matter if it's a time-lapse, a video, or a still image.

I second that. If you shoot timelapse of growing plants, you don't need a wideangle. For spectecular lenscapes, it might be awesome.

I use a wide angle lens for 2 basic purposes. 1) to fit more into the frame when I am running out of room to back up and 2) to make thing in the foreground look closer (bigger) and things in the background look much smaller or further away. I think this is call "exaggerated perspective". As for timelapse? I don't see where a wide angle will make any difference over a normal or even tele lens.

Most reactions

Back