wide angle lens

atp8888

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, i'm a prime lens user and seldom use zoom lens. I want to buy a wide angle lens, any suggestion which is suitable for me. Thanks.

Canon EF 14mm f/2.8 L II

Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 L II

Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L

Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L

Depends on how wide you want to go and what kind of camera body you use. I've used a Canon 28/2.8 on a T2i body and even that seems wide enough for me, but would not be for most people. The lens is good, a bit of barrel distortion, but few wide angles don't have that, and it's correctable in processing. If you want wider, there's a 24/2.8 that is supposed to be pretty good, and then it starts to get really expensive.

Tamron also made a 14mm f/2.8 in the past. Maybe you can find one out there used.

This is the one I have. (One drawback, can't use a ND filter. At least I have not find one yet)

3316935872_07b34a5b0d.jpg

Nice to see people recommending all of these lenses and have no idea what body the OP has and what he wants to shoot. What is wide angle? I consider 35mm pretty wide. There is also the term ULTRA wide angle. Who knows what the OP really meant.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your time commenting. I have a canon eos 600D. I got a kit lens 18-55 EF IS II. Then tried the prime lens canon nifty fifty 50mm F/1.8 and i love it. My intetest are portraits and street photography and a little of landscape. That's why i would want to try a wide angle lens. Again, thank you.

Most reactions

Back