Wide angle lenses and some problems...

railman44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm sure there is an easy answer for this. The problem is: I'm getting some fuzzies and circular shading in the corners of my 20 and 24mm pics. The middle, of course, is sharp. What are the tricks to help solve this problem? Please keep your answer(s) simple because I ain't the brightest bulb in the room... :oops:

I think this is fairly common for wide angle lenses. The higher quality models may not be as bad but it's something you have to live with.

Try to keep it in mind when shooting so that you can crop off the bad parts afterward.

Are you using a lens hood or filters? or both? It's quite possible that the lens is wide enought to be catching the edging of your attachments... Might try a couple shots without the attachments and see if it makes a difference.

Good Luck

It's more likely the lens hood. Buy a wide angle rubber lens hood and then cut of the first 3/8" for use with 24mm and 20mm lenses. Or if you want dedicated hoods see what your particular lens manufacturer has to offer.

Without a lens hood you're more likely to get lens flare which is easy to get with wide angle lenses and shading with your hand isn't always easy or convenient.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back