Wide Angle or Not?

russellsnr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have seen advertised a lens (or not) that claims to increase the wide angle ability of your lens, it seems to be a small attachment that just screws onto the front of the lens, it also makes claims to enable a kind of fisheye effect.
Just wondering if anyone has tried them.

Canon Rebel/D10
Various Lenses.

I assume you are looking at the eBay adapters that look like this one pictured below on my EF 28-80mm USM?

converter.jpg

I like it. For the $40-$60 US you pay for them it is an awfull lot of fun. Lot's of image distortion at the edges and tons of flare in the sunlight but it has been worth every penny I spent for it. Also you get the bonus of using only part of it for macro work as well. Keep in mind though that they are heavy and pretty hard on the focusing tube of your lense. I have a cheap "beater" lense that I keep just for using this so I don't wreck my nicer lenses with the weight of it.

Example of a "wide angle" shot, Canon 10D, EF 28-80mm USM + Wide Angle Converter @ about 30mm zoom . . .

lake6532.jpg

Here is an example of the macro ability used also with the same camera/lens only at 80mm zoom and the rear element of the converter only . . .

fly2263.jpg

I'd say buy it! You'll love it. I know I do ;)

wow... I like the fly shot! :thumbup:

Hi & Thanks, sent for one. As you say at that price gotta be worth a shot.

Most reactions

Back