Wide Angled Clouds

gman172

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
taken on a great session at kirklees, oldham UK

light hdr processing and i used canon 40d and sigma 10-20mm lens - i love the effect the lens has on clouds

Kirklees222_3_4_tonemapped1024.jpg

massive rocks and large clouds curling around

Kirklees139_40_41_tonemapped1024.jpg

great distant views

please give feedback :thumbdown: or :thumbup:

andrew

I'm not sure they aren't too busy with the horizon dividing them into the sky half and the landscape half. Both halves show so much, and I don't know what it is that really counts for you here: the clouds, dramatic as they are, and more dramatic as they come out with the mild HDR treatment, or the vast moors, the countryside? You haven't decided, obviously, and try to show both in one photo. To my mind, this is getting too much.

The split horizon doesn't really bother me as much as the tilted horizon and lack of subject.

I know it's supposed to be a landscape, and supposed to encompass the whole scene, but there's nothing really acting as the subject.

They seem more like images from location scouting than anything else.

The split horizon doesn't really bother me as much as the tilted horizon and lack of subject.

I know it's supposed to be a landscape, and supposed to encompass the whole scene, but there's nothing really acting as the subject.

They seem more like images from location scouting than anything else.

great point

we were scouting and i was not framing these 2 particularly - just shooting and i liked the look they gave when processed

thanks

what is your avatar - looks sweet - can you post it here full size pleeease?

give hdr a go - it easily throws out great results with a minimum effort

cheating? ...nah!!

give hdr a go - it easily throws out great results with a minimum effort

cheating? ...nah!!

I don't think that's true. HDR takes a certain level of effort, at least to get a good HDR without any large extremes in the range. And HDR is great at first, but the appeal of it usually wears down after a while. You know?

In regards to these two shots: I personally prefer the first one. And the second one, I sort of agree with Switch on. But I think the first one has a subject in its atmosphere, you know?

Most reactions

Back