Widespread question: What cam to choose?

Joes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I know, that there're a lot of threads with cameras comparison, but I have a little bit diff. problem, though I still don't know what camera to choose.

I need beginner's camera, so I was choosing between Canon EOS 400D and Nikon D40x. I know, that there's not a big deal what camera to buy - the problem is how much money we're ready to spend on lenses. So, in many topics about choosing between EOS 400D and D40x people advised to take a look on Samsung GX-10. It is Pentax k10D analogue, and it is cheaper.

So. the question is:
What do you know about lenses compatibility for this camera? I don't wanna spend much money on lenses - all I need is simple kit lenses, telelenses and lenses for macro shooting.
For example, Sigma lenses are not expensive and they are compatible with both Nikon and Canon cameras. But I know nothing about Samsung or Pentax. I have read that Samsung GX-10 supports Pentax KA/KAF/KAF2.
K - is Pentax as I know. AF - auto focus. And Nikon, for example, supports Nikon DX lenses, and Nikon D80 - Nikon F lenses. But there're also Sigma lenses supported by Nikon and Canon models, though there is nothing about it in these cameras' documentations.

So, does Samsung GX-10 support Sigma lenses or doesn't? Is it possible to buy GX-10 and find not expensive lenses for it or it is better for me to buy EOS 400D or D40x and have good time with not expensive Sigma lenses? (-:

Thanks!

So, does Samsung GX-10 support Sigma lenses or doesn't? Is it possible to buy GX-10 and find not expensive lenses for it or it is better for me to buy EOS 400D or D40x and have good time with not expensive Sigma lenses? (-:

The GX-10 has the same mount as the Pentax K10D (it is called the K-mount). Sigma (and Tamron) make lenses with a K-mount that will work on the Samsung and Pentax. Have a look here.

I haven't noticed any 'K-mount' mention on this page. So, I can buy Sigma lenses where it will be written 'for Pentax'??

For example, Zoom Normal-Telephoto 55-200mm f/4-5.6 DC Autofocus Lens for Pentax Digital AF

Most reactions

New Topics

Back