Wife and I self snapshot . . .

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Couldn't find the self portrait or mug shot threads right now so I just figured I would share this one here. Just a simple snapshot taken on our South Dakota anniversary trip at Custer State Park. Had to do lot's of CC with this one. It's still not right but the image started to really fall apart quickly much past this point. Anyway here is my wife Angela and I (Ben) sitting around the fire. Don't be too harsh! (It's OK I guess but not much more than a snapshot I think!)

us600cc.jpg

Actually, I quite like the composition and lighting, and that sets apart from the normal snapshot.

I like it. Snapshot it may be - but it's a damn fine one mate. It's the kinda shot that belongs on your wall because it no doubt has so much meaning for you. Great work - an informal shot that looks damn fine!

Thanks everyone. Wasn't necessarilly trying to be crafty or creative with this just trying to get a shot with both of us in it! The greencast I am seeing here is driving me nuts though.

Canon Fan said:
Thanks everyone. Wasn't necessarilly trying to be crafty or creative with this just trying to get a shot with both of us in it! The greencast I am seeing here is driving me nuts though.
First off, great shot.
As far as the green cast goes, looks like your wife has white on the cuffs of her sleeve. Using midtone dropper in the levels tool, click on the cuff to set that as your white balance. You may have click around on it to get it how you like it.

Ya I was going to give that a shot but haven't yet. I've been spending a lot of time lately trying re-learn myself the basics with the channels color mangement and stuff like this. So far I think I am just confusing myself with ways of doing things that there are much simpler methods for!

Now that's the ticket! (as my grandmother would say). I love the shadows....Excellent work!

Most reactions

Back