Wife and Rings - C and C please!

smackitsakic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two pictures that I took during a recent trip out of town. My wife and I went for a walk and I snapped these pictures with a popular bridge as the background.
C and C please!

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

I really like the shot of the wedding rings. I think the first picture would have been a bit better if the bride wasn't jutting out of the side of her head. If you could positioned yourself so that her head was above the bridge, and her shoulders were even with the bridge, it may have been less distracting. Great shots.

Steve

This looks like the University bridge in saskatoon... but if you wanted the bridge to be part of the photo/subject in the photo, I would have used a larger f/stop. As it is now, there is no way to know what/where you are except for your location says saskatchewan.

As for the composition, the first one could use some work. I would have brought more of your wife into the photo, and keep only a portion of the bridge in the photo. Its one thing to have a landmark in the background, but you don't necessarily need to have all of it. Just enough to give some idea... and let the minds eye imagine rest of the scene. Also would have had the bridge lower in the photo so it wasn't going through your wifes head.

I do like the ring shot, but I keep wanting the edge of the rings to be sharper, maybe sharpen it in PS a bit?
Also would love to see it in another tone or a B&W might look nice

Thanks for the feedback.

Man, i wish it were possible to get this feedback when you're taking the shot so you can revise the shot accordingly while you're there! haha. Oh well, I guess that's part of learning!

Wish I would have had a less shallow DOF in both shots to bring the background out a little more, but that was my error!!

Most reactions

Back