Wife gave me the green light on D7100

Shades of Blue

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, my wife has given me the green light on a D7100. I currently have a D5000 and want to upgrade. I was going to get a D3300, but decided to bite the bullet and spend more now to get what I want. Would you guys sell the D5000 body or just use it as a backup? I mean, I doubt I'd get much more than $250 for it, but I also don't see myself using it much with the addition of a D7100.

I doubt youll touch the D5000 ever again. I also doubt you'll recover close to $250 -- more like $125.

If you are in dire needs, try to sell it. Otherwise keep it, the flippy screen might come in handy once in awhile. BTW do you know refurb D7100 are back in stock at Adorama for $499 (90 day) and Cameta for $530 (1 year warranty)

If you are in dire needs, try to sell it. Otherwise keep it, the flippy screen might come in handy once in awhile. BTW do you know refurb D7100 are back in stock at Adorama for $499 (90 day) and Cameta for $530 (1 year warranty)

Would you recommend buying refurbished?

I doubt youll touch the D5000 ever again. I also doubt you'll recover close to $250 -- more like $125.

Thanks! Just going buy the ones on eBay and craigslist really. But yes, I know that asking price and selling price are usually pretty far apart lol.

can you send a link? can't find them.

Nikon D7100
Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera Body - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty
Here's an old post by me about Cameta and their customer service My D7100 is a lemon and Cameta Camera has amazing customer service!

Nikon D7100
Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera Body - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty
Here's an old post by me about Cameta and their customer service My D7100 is a lemon and Cameta Camera has amazing customer service!

When I searched, nothing came up! how did you find it if I may ask?

They are both gone. now

Nikon D7100

I googled D7100 refurbished for both stores :)

Nikon D7100

They are both gone. now
So it seems at Cameta.. Adorama says low stock

Nikon D7100

Thanks...I think they are both gone now lol. It's saying the last one was added to a cart 5 minutes ago

Nikon D7100

Thanks...I think they are both gone now lol. It's saying the last one was added to a cart 5 minutes ago
Try again, that may have been me when I checked availability...

Good news.
yes, sell your d5000

I kept my d7000 as backup to my d600. I had to force myself to use it from time to time. Then I sold it.
With the old sensor and old tech I'd just get rid of it.

Most reactions

Back