WIFI transmitter for my D70s...

superhornet59

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys, i was just browing through the latest accessories for D-SLR's when iloath behold, the WT-1 and WT-2 show up. the idea of wireless transmittion sounds realy cool, but i got 2 questions.

first off, it mentions a "wireless card". does that mean i put if in the memory card slot? so let me get this straight. i take a photo, and this thing sends it to whatever device i hae nearby that will accept it (i believe a PSP will as it uses Ad Hoc, but im guessing you can send it to large capacity photo storage devices too. pretty much eliminating the 'full memory card' problem. but thats not quite what im looking for... as interesting as that might be, im actualy looking for it to save onto the memory card, and then wirelessly set it up with a portable photo printer, so i can print on the go. lets look at it this way, most portable photo printers take over a minute to, so why should i be opening my tamrac to print some pictures via pictbridge. i mean theres nothing wrong with that, but what if.... im in the jungle, and im photographing a wild animal, and i have to keep moving around to keep up with it, and i never know when i might get the perfect shot... i dotn have time to hook it up to some printer! what if i need it there and then but i have to wait! sure you can say 'shoot first print later' but personaly, i wouldnt want to wait to long and plus i like to keep my camera ready to shoot 24/7. i didnt get a camera with a 0.01 secondt startup time for nothing...
so lets say the WT-1 and WT-2 arent for that... is there anything that can do that (wireless pictbridge printing). i know of some wireless USB thingamajigs but i think thats only for pc to device, to camera to device.

secondly, i keep hearing theyre for the D2x and D2H... does that make it hopeless for my D70s? any other things like it thatll work with a D70s?

EDIT: oh wait, i think by card they mean you insert the wireless card into the card reader, not the camera lol. i wonder wat would happen if oyu did... :p well anyway i still want wireless printing. i guess i could use a wireless card reader but still... (plus i stil ldont know if itll work with the D70s)

thanks alot -Matt

hey wait, theres also the WT-3 for the D200... i will be getting one of those soon so i gueesss i can wait if i have to. mabye its because the USB 1.1 port cany write fast enough... also, for those who have used one of these with a high capacity photo storage device (i guess thats what its for then) what happens when you format the card? im ****ed off like crazy when ignorant cops tell me to format my camera for no reason, and the only thing i can do is resist and get arrested for it. if i format the card, will the whole storage device be formatted? id like ot just shut them up by showing 'here, gone.' while still keeping them (oh im so sly :p). and does it go both ways (can you still view previes of your images on your camera when theyre in the reader?) thanks again -Matt

superhornet59 said:
hey wait, theres also the WT-3 for the D200... i will be getting one of those soon so i gueesss i can wait if i have to. mabye its because the USB 1.1 port cany write fast enough... also, for those who have used one of these with a high capacity photo storage device (i guess thats what its for then) what happens when you format the card? im ****ed off like crazy when ignorant cops tell me to format my camera for no reason, and the only thing i can do is resist and get arrested for it. if i format the card, will the whole storage device be formatted? id like ot just shut them up by showing 'here, gone.' while still keeping them (oh im so sly :p). and does it go both ways (can you still view previes of your images on your camera when theyre in the reader?) thanks again -Matt

I can't help you, but why are cops telling you to format your cards? :???: :meh:

ah there wierd, sometimes when you go to certain public places they get jumpy. i dont get why photographers have such a bad reputation, but ive been pinalized quite a few times at public parks while photographing children (which is pretty stupid cause Im 15 lol). subway stations and airports have caused some problems, and i made a fair scene at the CN tower. i was usin a super telephoto to catch photos of people on the tower and get a load of this: some people accused me of taking 'upskirt' photos of women on the skywalk thing, from there things got pretty ugly. the funny thing was the cops believed them and were just about to arrest me when i said 'look ill prove i didnt' and i showed them my photos (they thought it was film so how could i prove it without bein taken down). that time i didnt have to format... and it ended in laughs... but its still disturbing that the public is so paranoid about cameras. like comon, im not a stalker, not a terrorist, and im not an in your face journalist, im just a person who wants to express his creativity by showing perspective and thought provoking images. sheesh.

havent you guys ever been approached by authorities? (not neccessarily cops. its the security guys who have such thick skulls...)

but lets not forget the original question people!

Most reactions

Back