mickmoonie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_0199.JPG

Does anyone know if my D80 is compatible to this wifi card, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I have this and occasionally use it on walks. It’s a little more than a novelty, I use when I walk my infant son and want to text message a photo quickly. If it wasn’t temperamental on when it wants to work and when it doesn’t I’d probably use it more often. I also have a card reader to lightening port and I use this more often for up loading photos to my iPad. This reader is much, much more reliable than the WiFi card.

I have this and occasionally use it on walks. It’s a little more than a novelty, I use when I walk my infant son and want to text message a photo quickly. If it wasn’t temperamental on when it wants to work and when it doesn’t I’d probably use it more often. I also have a card reader to lightening port and I use this more often for up loading photos to my iPad. This reader is much, much more reliable than the WiFi card.
Sounds like a waste of money.

Sounds like a waste of money.

It is for the most part, there’d be no way I’d use the WiFi card if my paycheck depended on it. Write speeds are also slow but the biggest irritant is getting it to work when it’s supposed to.

A few examples, if you format the card instead of delete all you have to download a few different archaic programs and reformat/install the WiFi software to the card. This process is also confusing and it took me a solid week to figure that little bit out.

The WiFi card will only connect to your phone immediately after you power on your camera. This means if you’ve had your camera on taking photos or reviewing photos and you see some you want to send you have to turn your camera off and then back on for the WiFi to connect. If at anytime the WiFi disconnects you have to turn it off and on again.

You must hold your phone within inches of the memory card door to ensure a solid WiFi connection and that’s not a guarantee the signal won’t drop. The signal will also time out if you’re taking more time than it feels like working. If you can’t transfer your images within minutes you’ll have to turn off and on your camera again because the signal timed out or dropped.

It’s such a pain to use I’ve decided to buy a WiFi capable memory bank. They’re pricy for what they are but they’re reliable to use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back