Wiiiiindy this morning

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Went to the coast this morning hoping to catch the sun rise. It was winding as hell and blowing drizzles with "in-da-face" force. There was an older guy there with a camera who was there to shoot sunrise too. He said today's not a good day. Sure it wasn't. But what's up with the weather? "Oh, there's a typhoon passing by out in the sea" I was like, "What TYPHOON????"

Yeap, not watching TV somehow gets you away from the rest of the world really far away! I do read news online quite often, but for some reason I still missed it.

For these shots, I had to hide under a caved rock to get sheltered from the weather. The waves were beating the rocks hard and I really didn't dare get too close (camera+salt water splash=disaster).

HDR02.jpg

HDR03_1.jpg

Beautiful photos - love the HDR look, it's not too overdone.

What?!?!?!?!!!!!!

Such a pretty bridge. :)

Gorgeous photos! Amazing colors, and I love how you used a slightly slower shutter speed on the second one to get the clouds and waves to be all wispy :) Really eerie

Last night, the storm passed and the rain stopped. Wind was still strong, so were the waves. The moon lit the sky with the clouds as the shade. Needless to say, it was a moment to capture.

DSC_7419_1.jpg

Great bridge ! , where is this ?

Love the 1st picture for it's composition and the color. Well done. I'm not convinced that the blurry clouds in picture #2 is pleasing to the viewers eye. Rarely does one see clouds moving at the same speed as the water. Pic #3 is all about a powerful storm. Those low pylons add interest to the foreground. Nicely captured. Please fix the tilt as it's very noticeable.

Thanks.

Well, I applied some motion blur to the clouds because it was a series of HDR shots and the clouds were moving too fast to avoid ghosting, so I blurred them instead.

As for the tilt, your monitor must be quite bright. I knew the horizon was not quite right, but was a bit too dark to see. Better?

DSC_7419_1.jpg

#2 is $$$$$$$$$.

I understand why you opted to blur the clouds. It's just that my personal feeling is that they looked out of focus, and thus degraded the overall effect of your image. And yes, it does look better with a correction to the tilt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back