Wild Canon Sighted - the 5DMIII or 7DMII??!!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good shot of the 1x and 1.4x selector switch at the back of the lens here...and it clarly states 200-400mm right on the barrel.

_B3J8575.jpg

:lol: This is in the wrong forum...

Naw its just Georgie posted the same thread up in equipment a few minutes after I posted this one down here ;)

And yeah I'm really glad to see the 200-400mm in use and being tested out - though I just hope its release goes smoother than the other telephoto L MIIs (I think the 600 and 500 are still on hold for something like the 3rd time now)

Yes...we are enjoying the rumor mill, and it looks like it might finally be paying off!

I just went through and looked at all six shots, and did some crops and ++ magnifications...looks like a 5D-II successor to me...the body just has that thick, clubby, "5D look" that says full-frame, not APS-C, at least to my eyes. Yes, Canon has added a second joystick for use with the camera in "tall" shooting mode. Nikon's done the same thing on the D4; it really makes sense, since it is a long reach on Nikon's to the 4-way AF area controller, and ever farther on Canons, due to the different locations they have placed these controls in on earlier bodies. It will be a welcome addition to people who shoot a lot of "talls".

The sort of angled thumb rest of the front grip, leading to the shutter release button--that looks nice!!! It looks like there are a few added exposure modes on the mode dial, on the top deck, left hand side. The new 600mm lens looks massive!!! The Canon rumor sites are gonna' be ablaze tomorrow!!

Overrread--what do you think: could this be the 7D's successor??? Or do you think it's a FF body?

It's so close looking button-wise to the 7D, but its a good thing that they changed out the duality of the buttons...I have not liked that too much, so that they have separated them and relocated them is sweet. One wheel rather than two I am speculating. I too think it looks bigger in the hand than the 7D....If its FF, and I sure hope it is...its mine.:smileys:

Edit: In looking at it again...it has the lower buttons below the Chimp Screen....that is not 7D stuff at the moment....and this fella might have smallish hands...

It's hard to say - I've never seen a 5DMII to really compare; that said the top part just under the hotshoe looks a bit shorter than the 7D and might be because its got no popup flash, which would suggest that its a 5D unit there. Even though Canon have adapted the flash controlled system into more recent bodies they might still stick to the "no popup" on their fullframes.

It would also make a lot of sense if they've taken the 7D AF and put it into the 5DMIII to test it out in Africa (the heart of wildlife photography as its often seen as ;)).

Photo #3 and Photo #6 are two different cameras...Look again below the Chimp Screen on each.

6 = 7D MII
3 = 5DMIII

I'd just expect that lower control and viewing setup to speak more "pro" and the 5D has always been a pretty much pro series.

Edit - if one of those is the 1DX then amend to 1DX and 5DMIII on display.

The first 3 shots looked to me like the 1Dx, hard to say for sure though. The last 3 are the mystery body...

I just went through and looked at all six shots, and did some crops and ++ magnifications...looks like a 5D-II successor to me...the body just has that thick, clubby, "5D look" that says full-frame, not APS-C, at least to my eyes.

Not to mention, no pop-up flash.

The first three are a 1D style body. The last ones are a 5D body with a grip. No 7D mkII in there.

Most reactions

Back