Wild Flower HDR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments always welcome:
done1.jpg

Love this. The color really pops.

Yes, came out well. Must have been a calm day without any wind.

Very nice and well processed.

Dave

Comments always welcome:
View attachment 123091

Love this. The color really pops.
The lighting really helped. Thank you.

nice work!
Thank you.

Yes, came out well. Must have been a calm day without any wind.
Not a breath of wind and I took it handheld. Thanks

Very nice and well processed.

Dave
I really worked on the processing to get the detail of the centre of the flower. Thanks for noticing.

Great shot of the main flower subject itself. I especially like the way the flowers underneath fade away in perspective and focus.

The half sidewalk and half grass background takes away from the image overall though.

Hi there... I saw you wild flower in HDR. Here is what I like best. I like the natural effect you processed with this flower. Your perspective seems to work quite well. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shot and treatment. Is this a single shot HDR? I would have liked a little more space on top though.

Nice shot and treatment. Is this a single shot HDR? I would have liked a little more space on top though.
Sort of.....
Image1.jpg

Single image in camera (I tried to bracket but it did not really get the effect I was looking for) then produced several versions with adjustments to light intensity but no changes to contrast. Dump the various images into Photomatix and blend to taste.
The reason the flower takes up the entire frame is that the more flower in the image the better the definition of the leaves gets. Even if you leave a wee bit of room for cropping it has a negative effect on the processing. I dont mind stuff at the edge of a frame but thats just me.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I thought it was done this way to reduce the change of movement/ghosting.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I thought it was done this way to reduce the change of movement/ghosting.
That as well. I did not have a tripod and bracketing is challenging hand held.

I have a friend who likes to use the edge and beyond to create his own unique photos. It is a bit different and it is his art and his expression. Personally, I also like to leave a little bit of space. I think your mind needs that space to get engaged in the photo elements they are about to see.

And... to each their own. Art (photography) is clearly subjective to the viewer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back