Will it be illegal to photograph children in California?

I'm surprised breathing in CA isn't illegal since you exhale CO2.

For God's sake, don't give them any ideas! :roll:
On the other hand, a reduction in oxygen intake on their part might be good for the rest of us...

I've heard LA has an ordinance on the books providing for a $500 civil fine for the detonation of a nuclear device within city limits.

Well, even if it passes, I'm sure the law will be swiftly revisited as soon as multiple California news sources and movie makers become unable to report any stories or shoot half their scenes since they might happen to have some random kids in the corner.

For God's sake, don't give them any ideas! :roll:
On the other hand, a reduction in oxygen intake on their part might be good for the rest of us...

Oh dear god no, they're loopy enough already. They clearly need all the oxygen they can get.

Well, even if it passes, I'm sure the law will be swiftly revisited as soon as multiple California news sources and movie makers become unable to report any stories or shoot half their scenes since they might happen to have some random kids in the corner.

Wait until Disneyland starts confiscating cameras at the gate.
fiufiu.gif

This is what happens when you let vapid actors who think that pretending on camera suddenly makes them world leaders run a state.

Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner testify on paparazzi bill - latimes.com
If paparazzi are doing what's described in this article there's no excuse for that behavior, crowding around a 5 year old child yelling at her, etc. As often happens a law goes into place because there are people who behave in an inappropriate way. Following a child or lying in wait as described in the article is not in a child's best interests and needs to be stopped.

We already in schools have to teach young children what to do if an adult who is a stranger approaches them; someone watching a child can get disturbing fast - if it's a stranger you don't know their intentions. I think the priority is protecting children and unfortunately since too many people with cameras are irresponsible some measures might be necessary.

I disagree. The problem isn't the paparazzi but rather the public that demands to follow every waking moment of celebrity life.

Stop buying the magazines, watching the shows and visiting the websites that encourage this behavior. If enough people stop, then these people will be out of a job.

The original problem may be the public indeed, but you can't legislate people to not be allowed to care about certain news...

You CAN legislate the photographer's actions. That being said though, there's no reason to overshoot the problem massively by outlawing all non-documented child photographs. They could simply make it more illegal to stalk children for photographs. As in, make a law where taking a photo of a child creates higher standards than normal for how you found that child and what sorts of actions constitute stalking/harrassment.

I think a legislative solution is the correct route, just not a REALLY LAZY and simplistic legislative solution like this one.

A far easier solution is to just make children illegal.

The original problem may be the public indeed, but you can't legislate people to not be allowed to care about certain news...

You CAN legislate the photographer's actions. That being said though, there's no reason to overshoot the problem massively by outlawing all non-documented child photographs. They could simply make it more illegal to stalk children for photographs. As in, make a law where taking a photo of a child creates higher standards than normal for how you found that child and what sorts of actions constitute stalking/harrassment.

I think a legislative solution is the correct route, just not a REALLY LAZY and simplistic legislative solution like this one.

If it is the law, the stars will have a shield with them when they go out with their kids.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back