Will the 30D price lower much when 40D comes out?

I use my Sigma 70-200 2.8 for a few hours at a time, and would really like a heavier/bigger body to help with that. I would use the 5fps more than most people, as when I see a wreck happening, shutter speed is crucial :). Nice thing about dirt tracks, is that they wreck a lot! I don't need 10 megapixel. Spot metering would be nice, and the 9point AF. Lastly, the more solid body is a plus just to make me feel better :). And lastly, the bigger screen would be great.

From what I hear, the 30D shutter viewfinder is bigger...is this the case? If that rumor is true, that would be another reason too.

40D is a huge difference compared to its 30D or 20D.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V5P90K/?tag=kenrockwellcom[/ame]

Found this about the 40D, hope it helps.

As a follow-up to my previous post on this matter; having seen the specs on the 40D, I believe the price of the 30D will sink like Hoffa with cement shoes. IMO.

You know somehting overlooked? I'm actually interested to see the new Rebel replacement (whenever Canon makes it). I mean, it paved the way to transition the 30d into the 40d (so did the 1d MKIII) and I remember reading an article about how rich people are normally the "guinea pigs" of society, as their money gets them the newest stuff that has yet to be tested. For some reason, Canon chooses to do that backwards, and jam the features into entry levels to get feedback. I want to see what they'll do to raise the bas in that field (sorry if you are a Nikonian or other brand but Canon is really raising the bar in all levels of the market, consumer, prosumer, and pro).

Most reactions

Back