Will the D610 be replaced ?

I'm loving my D610 after a year and about 11,000 clicks. Personally I don't feel I'm missing anything that I NEED but the refinements that Nerwin mentions would be nice- especially the ISO button in a quick-to reach spot. Wish you could reassign the video button to ISO like on the D750.

In 2017, all major camera manufacturers should also make tilt-screen touchscreeens standard too, but I'm still waiting on that coffee to be smelled.

Maybe we all need to write a letter to Nikon and tell them when they update the firmware for the AF-P lenses to add the option to map the iso to the record button!

It can't be that hard!!

I'm loving my D610 after a year and about 11,000 clicks. Personally I don't feel I'm missing anything that I NEED but the refinements that Nerwin mentions would be nice- especially the ISO button in a quick-to reach spot. Wish you could reassign the video button to ISO like on the D750.

In 2017, all major camera manufacturers should also make tilt-screen touchscreeens standard too, but I'm still waiting on that coffee to be smelled.

Maybe we all need to write a letter to Nikon and tell them when they update the firmware for the AF-P lenses to add the option to map the iso to the record button!

It can't be that hard!!
I would be shocked it if took rocket science!

PS- while we're talking D610 ISO, is there a more direct way to turn auto ISO on/off short of going to the menu and scrolling thru choices? The "ISO" button changes the settings, but does not display auto-ISO option (unless I've configured it to hide this somehow...)

Hold iso button, aft wheel controls iso, front one turns auto iso in/off

Hold iso button, aft wheel controls iso, front one turns auto iso in/off
Didn't know about the front wheel- nice!!

If they did make a 620 / 820 I'd probably be in line waiting on them. I have D600 / D800 for main bodies. I skipped the 610/810 revamps as it just wasn't worth the money for what they upgraded and how the originals perform. But I anticipate that there would be meatier changes to 620 / 820 or what ever numbers they choose.

Most reactions

Back