will this lens fit a Nikon d200?

phil-ray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The manual for your camera states in the back the D200 excepts any Nikon F mount lens since the Ai series of the 1970s with an odd notable exception. It's worth reading that part since it will tell you exactly how each lens differs in camera operation.

I don't know why you even need to ask this question really this lens is of the latest generation. A G type lens is likely to need a recent body, and not the other way around.

cheers for the reply

the reson i asked because i am going to buy a d200 in a few weeks after the new year and currently own a d50 but just wasnt 100% sure if it would fit or not and thought i would make sure before purchising the lens for a camera i dont have yet.

Thanks

The lens will fit perfectly. Good luck with your purchase.

The manual for your camera states in the back the D200 excepts any Nikon F mount lens since the Ai series of the 1970s with an odd notable exception. It's worth reading that part since it will tell you exactly how each lens differs in camera operation.

I don't know why you even need to ask this question really this lens is of the latest generation. A G type lens is likely to need a recent body, and not the other way around.

The manual usually comes with the camera, as he/she has not purchased the camera yet, he/she has no manual.

The manual usually comes with the camera, as he/she has not purchased the camera yet, he/she has no manual.
i've read 3 manuals in the past month without having bought a camera.

I generally download the manuals off of the manufacturer's websites and completely read them BEFORE I make a purchase (unless it is for something like a 50mm f/1.8 or something that you just mount and shoot)

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't quite understand what phil-ray meantwhen he/she said: "i am going to buy a d200 in a few weeks" after I already posted :p

Most reactions

Back