Will This Memory Card Work?

SDHC simply refers to SD cards with capacities over 2gb; however IIRC, the Rebel XT uses compact flash cards NOT SD cards, in which case, no, that card will not work. Did you verify with your camera's manual the type and capacities of card supported before you ordered?

I asked on here and someone said it would, so I have a useless card =/ . Hopefully they will except the return, what should I look for when trying to find a card that will fit? I want to pick it up locally so I can actually use my camera when I get it.

I asked on here and someone said it would, so I have a useless card =/ . Hopefully they will except the return, what should I look for when trying to find a card that will fit? I want to pick it up locally so I can actually use my camera when I get it.

Go here: http://www.fotosource.com/downloads.../DigitalCameras/EOS 350D Digital Rebel XT.pdfhttp://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadIndexAct download and READ the manual for your camera, and then when YOU KNOW what kind of memory is required, go out and buy it. All standard memory cards are readily available in any major electronics, photo, or big-box store, so you shouldn't have much of a delay. They may have switched to SD for later production model rebels, so that card may work, I'm not sure.

Just as a general thought, I don't suggest spending money based on one recommendation from someone on an Internet forum.

Good luck.

Edited to correct link

Last edited:
Hmm alright well I asked this question on Yahoo Answers (lol) and 2 of the answers said it will work.

"It will work, I have the same camera and card.. it works perfectly."

There is one response but I find it hard to believe so I am not going to open it and just return it to be sure.

That camera takes type one or type two Compact Flash (CF) cards.

I bought a CF card 2 weeks ago that works great on my camera (XTi). I tested it out and it transfers photos to my computer pretty fast. I paid $39 at Frys. You might want to check it out.
CFR8G233X-LIG.jpg

Alright so any card that says CF will work? Don't have a Frys local so hopefully Walmart or I will go to camera store.

You could also get good prices online. I got my first card from amazon. Also, it might be a good idea to get a bigger and faster CF card. If you are like me, taking a bunch of photos in RAW, your CF card will fill fast. A 233x or faster card is very nice to have when transfering GBs of photos to your computer.

My camera will get here tomorrow so I intend to use it, do not want to order online then have to wait till next week to even use it.

My camera will get here tomorrow so I intend to use it, do not want to order online then have to wait till next week to even use it.

Yeah, I know what you mean there. In that case, I guess you better hit up Best Buy asap :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back