Will You Marry Me?

tenlientl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
any thoughts?

3039844107_bf31fa23c7_o.jpg

this is overdone, but i think i did a great job getting the composition i wanted precisely the way i wanted it:
3040681908_eef20362ac_o.jpg

#1 is interesting... #2 is wayyy to blurry for my liking, but as you said 'it came out the way i wanted it to" so if you like it, who cares what other people think.

#1 is pretty cool. #2 is just the way you like it. :D

#1 is really creative. I like it a lot.

although i don`t particuarly like #2 it does a fantastic job of showing excesive depth of field. Was that shot with the 50 mm 1.8 ?

The "Will you marry me" picture is VERY creative. I really like it. I dont see the purpose of #2 though. Like Platano said maybe theres something about it that we just don't know about.

loved #1 #2 didn't do anythign for me but if its how you wanted then congrats ^_^

#1 is amazing, sick idea too
#2 DOF is just way to intense,
pics are kinda huge too

yea. i think i should make them a bit smaller next time.

any thoughts other thoughts about #1? how about WB? i also think the pen is kinda distracting and ugly. maybe I shoulda bought a fancy pen?

and yea. 50mm f/1.8. for the second one.

yea. i think i should make them a bit smaller next time.

any thoughts other thoughts about #1? how about WB? i also think the pen is kinda distracting and ugly. maybe I shoulda bought a fancy pen?

and yea. 50mm f/1.8. for the second one.
I do like the pen idea. Maybe the fancy pen would work better. Also #2 to me is fine art. I can see it on the wall right now. A 24"x32" print.

It might be me but i think the pen works fine. It looks like you are trying to achieve the look of a hand written note that's passed between two kids in high school. With the color of the ink and that kind of setting, i feel that a fancy pen would be out of place. I think #1 is very well done.

#2 is some intense DOF. I cant wait til my 50mm 1.8 comes ><

yea. im actually going to print those two in a couple of hours.

not that big though, haha. i was thinking the first one to be a bit bigger than a 4x6. im not sure how im gonna print the second one though o.o

oh, thats not what i want. i want a fancy 30 year old female proposing to a guy o.o. not some high school kid, haha

Number 2 is too shallow, it loses context.

Number 1 is creative, though I must admit that it conjures up a punitive element. I had to rewrite sentences as punishment at boarding school in the 1970s. This makes me think of that. Marriage should not start as a punishment.

Rim-shot to follow...

oh, thats not what i want. i want a fancy 30 year old female proposing to a guy o.o. not some high school kid, haha

I should have made my comment a little more clear. I think the ring and colors captured give it an air of an older person while the note and pen add a childish innocence of high school love.

The fancy pen would help put more weight towards the maturity of the photo for sure.

My comments seem to be more about the artistic story. I am no expert but I think you did a wonderful job. I really love this photo :D

Last edited:
#2 is way better than #1. #1 is cute, sure. However #2, has this striking smooth blur going on. You know what the object is, and your eyes is most definitely pulled on a line to the singular key in focus. The "context" - who knows, but I think it works on an artsy level. The color is definitely screwy in #2, but you can easily fix that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back