willies

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, it turns out that I live about 30 seconds from a creepy and beautiful site--an ex-insane asylum. I went out the other day to make some shots and see what happened. Well...the place is much larger than I realized (lots of buildings and open areas, cemeteries, ponds, hiking trails...etc). I'm excited to spend more time there, even though it gives me the willies :meh:

So anyway...I'd love any comments and criticism you could offer on these. I'll definitely be spending more time there...and hopefully I'll improve slowly :p Constructive and "picky" are always appreciated!

15f12609.jpg

495cece5.jpg

d5cd14e9.jpg

0768952b.jpg

f016fbc5.jpg

6ee921de.jpg

97531674.jpg

d756860b.jpg

Oh and congrats Dan...
d069c4ae.jpg

Cheers!

Numbers 3 and 6 are my favorite. I love windows :] And yay for Dan! :D

I love the composition and the focus on most all of these thought I must say, I didn't like the blue tones in numbers 1 and 7 that much. Maybe adjust the levels a bit (if you have Photoshop or PS Elements --like me :))

cool shots, i like the first one and the one through the window of the sink most i think. Creepy place!

just wondering on the one with the sink through the window, how would that come out if you did like a spot meter for inside, where the sink is, and locked exposure before taking the pic, how would that come out? not much experience doing that but have tried it a few times and has given me some interesting results.

Hi,

I like No 3 a lot... the feeling of sneaking, exploring and wondering what will appear is very well captured giving some nice tension to the image.

No 5 is also very good. The chaotic reflection representing the asylum with its schizofrenic nature... the missing corner adding chills.

No 8 is a nice image but lacks the lunatic impact of the others.

In general, I find it interesting that you are "exited to spend more time" in an asylum. :p

you should of said you were gonna be taking photos of my house, I'd have cleaned up a bit if I'd known.

1,3 & 6 are me faves

hey LP, i dont know if you're familiar with facebook or not, but they have "gifts" you can buy people for a dollar, (donated to i believe cancer research) and they're just little pictures that you send to your friends. I saw someone yesterday recieved an couple otters from their friend. I thought of you... lol
Clipboard01-1.jpg

Thanks for all of your comments! I didn't realize until now just how many pictures I took of windows...but I'm glad you like some of them.

bnz506--thanks for your comments :) Glad you like some of them.

tinfoil_hearts- thanks for commenting...and indeed, yay for dan ;) I actually went in and made those particular images more blue. i had my white balance all wrong when I started shooting and just adjusted them in ps elements. i kind of like the chilly, creepy feel to them (but i agree the colors make them not quite fit into this series as a whole)

stoke2- I'm not sure how I would be able to get that to work...the building is boarded up and scary lol. Actually that was my last picture of the day because as I was leaning over poison ivy to take it, a weird gust of hot-hot-HOT air came out of the window. I might give it another shot...but that gave me the hebegeebees.

(G)K-Thanks for your comments...I'm glad some of them gave a chaotic feel :) and yeh, I want to spend more time there....they just can't make me stay! ;)

lp-thanks :) i'll try to let you know next time...maybe ;)

tony--where's my present? :(

you should of said you were gonna be taking photos of my house, I'd have cleaned up a bit if I'd known.

1,3 & 6 are me faves

:lmao:

what about turning #2 b&w?

Wow, what a interesting place to shoot, both creepy and intreging. Photo #1 is one of the creepiest, places like insane asylums creep me out. But great photos!

Thanks Ranger :) These photos are actually pretty tame considering how creepy this place really is!

I also took this the same day...I like the lines and layers made by the fences but I can't figure out if it makes a good picture? I think it needs cropped somehow, but I can't think of how...any ideas?

4be64347.jpg

*btw...i just realized 3,5 and 6 are all of the same window*

4be64347.jpg

I like this picture, and i agree it needed cropped here is just an idea :)

I just feel like the bench needed out of the center of the picture.

Most reactions

Back