Winding Road...

rkb310

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Actually caught this scene in my rear view mirror while driving and decided to stop and see if I could make anything of it. Still learning here so go easy on me.....lol.

3 exposures
All ISO 100
All f/8
1/30, 1/8, and 1/2 sec.
135mm

Any constructive criticism would be extremely helpful. Thanks for looking.

Nice!
I am somewhat new also. Using different SS is a new one for me in the combining aspect. I keep seeing the 'bracketing' with exposures +/-, so what is advantage for this?
Nicely done.
Nancy

I love the view but the edit is a little odd. It seems like theres a lot of definition in the scene yet still somewhat soft.

Looks like it might be a little windy... your 3 exposures = blurry leaves... I would up the ISO a bit to help with shutter speed. Or wait for the wind to die to do your exposures.

Nice!
I am somewhat new also. Using different SS is a new one for me in the combining aspect. I keep seeing the 'bracketing' with exposures +/-, so what is advantage for this?
Nicely done.
Nancy

Thanks! Multiple exposures (-2, 0, +2 in this shot) merged in editing software will give you an image with a much greater range of detail. You can under-expose to bring the highlights in check, over-expose to bring out the lowlights, and shoot correct exposures for the mid-tones.................................................I think, lol. The more exposures that you merge, the more detail you can capture. I hope that kinda answers your question...lol. I only used 3 for the exact reason mentioned below, I was worried about small movement between shots from the breeze..........

Looks like it might be a little windy... your 3 exposures = blurry leaves... I would up the ISO a bit to help with shutter speed. Or wait for the wind to die to do your exposures.

Guilty. It was a pretty calm day, but to get everything still is probably asking too much. And I will admit, post processing is proving to be somewhat hard for me at this point. I really do like this scene and its super close to home so I will have to get back there and try bumping the ISO and see what happens. Thanks!

I agree with this. Great shot and great effect. The matching colours of the winding lines and leaves is terrific. But the blurred leaves somehow detract.

The composition/colors are great. You could try re-shooting on an overcast day and tone-map the single image.

This is a single exposure that I tried to play with in Photomatix Pro. Not much better I guess.....

Is it possible to lose "something" from the image when using a site like Photobucket? This one looks a lot better when I view it with my computer's default program.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back