Windmill sunset

Detoff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I almost passed this shot opprotunity up. I'm glad I turned around and went back for it.

windmill-sunset-061107-1.jpg

windmill-sunset-061107-2.jpg

#2 receives applause from me although, I would prefer the power line to be removed. The colours are very pretty. It kind of reminds me candy corn.

Both are very dramatic and you would really have missed out on a great photo op, had you stayed on your way and NOT turned around to capture this lovely light!!!

The little windmill is a nice extra in both, and I quite appreciate the inclusion of the dark blue parts of the sky in 1, which enhances the sense of weather drama, though I am still debating whether the visible blue reflections on the roofs make me that happy of whether I would have preferred to see an all silhouetted bottom area. Yes, I think I would. There is too little blue in the roofs to make all clear what there is we can see, but too much to not be distracting.

The second (zoomed in from the same spot??) is also nice, lovely colours with a concentration on the orange of that sunset, and this time with an all silhouetted bottom area, and - yes - a powerline. But to tell you the truth, I only ever REALLY saw it after I had read DigitalDiva's comment ;).

I like these shots very much. I especially like the second one, with the strong colours, all the lines created by the clouds and the colour striations., and of course that picturesque windmill.

Most reactions

Back